I have four devices; laptop, iPad and two Galaxy S21 Ultra 5Gs.
When I post a calendar event on the laptop or iPad, the event syncs to all the other devices.
When I post on either of the S21s the event does not sync to any device.
What I have tried:
This was listed as a solution, but did not work for me: settings / applications / special access / battery optimized apps and switch the list to all. After long browsing I found Calendar Synchronization and also Google Photos. I toggled the checboxes off .
I have cleared data and cache, uninstalled the Google Calendar and reinstalled. No help.
The sync worked fine on my previous S10.
Any other solutions? Thanks
@Lacamastraveler On your S21's are you using the Samsung Calendar app? If so, make sure that when you add an event that you are picking the calendar associated with your Google account.
It sounds like when you are creating events you may be using the default "My calendars" which is just local on your phone.
Did any of the above steps worked? what model carrier and sw version (settings > about phone > software information (last 4 digits of build number) do you have?
It continually stops syncing after a few weeks. It's so frustrating!!
Oh no! This is bound to be frustrating. By any chance is your phone updating prior to it losing that sync functionality? .
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Have you tried toggling the synchronization back on instead of off and trying again? If that doesn't help, can you also wipe the cache partition? Give these steps a try:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Side key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Side key to restart the device.
Please let me know if it helps.