JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Play Music is Gone

(Topic created on: 11/6/20 9:26 AM)
Milljar1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I bought albums on Google Play Music,  and even after downloading them, it seems that YouTube Music won't allow me to listen to my purchases without an internet connection and a subscription. 
Please, anyone, tell me how I can listen to my albums again from my device.

4 Replies
Solution
Nickguzmang1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google discontinued the app

View solution in context

Fugi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thanks captain obvious! lol
0 Likes
Nickguzmang1
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
my bad...
0 Likes
Kamikashir0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
First check the Youtube Music FAQ regarding music purchased through Google Play.

Now the following all depends on what ever the "Terms of Agreement" for Google play was while it was still running.

If you have saved all your purchase receipts from Google, then that is your Legal weapon.

I believe that "IF" the terms of service at the time of purchase allowed you to download "YOUR" purchased music to store and play on your local system, - then you and others with this problem would have a Legal case as I believe that preventing you from accessing and playing your Legally purchased music would be a violation of the DMCA Act.

BUT.....

I do not believe purchase would allow you to access and stream the music from online any time you want as you would still need to pay service fees.

1. for storage
2. for streaming
3. for artists fees (this is where RIAA comes in)

Seeing as Google Play closed down and was merged with Youtube Music, your purchases would have been just for the music you paid for and only what you paid for and downloaded to your system.

The paid for music still on your system you should have full rights to access as it would be the same as purchasing a physical album or CD.

You may need to contact Youtube Music and provide them with copies of your receipts while at the same time reminding them that these were legal purchases under the DMCA Act.
0 Likes