JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google Play Store Issues After Pie Update

(Topic created: 03-03-2019 08:17 PM)
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello. I couldn't find this topic elsewhere on here unless I just missed it..but here's my issue and questions. My Google Play Store was fine on my S9 Plus before the pie software update. No problems with downloading, updating or other things. Anyway, since the Pie update, I have SO many problems downloading and updating any and all apps. I constantly get error codes, 924, etc. Lately, I don't even get a error code, the downloading or updating app just says pending and eventually I have to cancel it because it goes nowhere. Everyday I have to end up going into Applications,  force stopping Google Play Store and Google Play Services and clearing caches and data for 1 or both, restarting phone and play store and then I'm able to download and update once again. Sometimes it will continue to work for the rest of the day, but usually, I have to do that at least 3 times a day everyday if o need to update or download. Are others having these issues and is there a PERMANENT solution or fix, so I won't have to continue to do this regime on a daily basis?? Please help people! Thanks. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you, Keep us posted.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

UserQTF8AID3Y8, Exactly! I'm doing the same things and have 2 do it more than twice a day sometimes to get things to actually download in the Play Store. I don't have any issues with gmail, so I don't know where that's coming from. But a reset was going to be what I did next, the dreaded factory reset, but with you saying that your S9+ is STILL doing the same thing afterwards, I guess I won't try that now. That's messed up. All my issues are ONLY with the stupid Play Store. I ALWAYS check that it's the latest play store update, cleared my cache partition, more than once, cleared data and cache from Google play store, Google play services, and from Google. Now in the play store, I am even unable to download apps over a certain mb/GB amount, which is Really frustrating. There was a game that was over 100mb, and it wouldn't even download, at all. It just kept saying downloading, downloading, but absolutely nothing was happening. And it's not a wifi or storage issue with my phone, it is ALL the play store and all issues that only started happening after the Pie update. Someone suggested deleting my Google account and re-adding it, I guess? I know where to go and do it but I'm unsure of the steps because my Google account is connected to everything and I'm wondering if it will mess things up. I have about 3 different Google accounts on my phone actually. So if anyone can help with steps to do that, please let me know. I've tried everything except that. I am thinking of trying to chat with Google and see if they can help me with this play store issue. I thought about calling or chatting with Samsung, but honestly they haven't been too helpful on HERE, so I thought what's the point of doing that.? It seems there are no solutions for this. Thanks so much to e everyone who keeps replying trying to help.

0 Likes
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No I haven't tried Safe Mode. I read the article you linked to about Safe Mode, but how will that help if it's not related to a 3rd party app? But I will try the Safe Mode steps and see what happens but I don't know what I should be looking for.? Thanks

0 Likes
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok Thanks. I will try it in a little while and update back on how it went. Thank You.

0 Likes
s9plus-vzw-user
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just went through a factory reset after a few weeks of struggling like others. The play store worked long enough for the initial set of updates to run and then went back to hanging. If you leave it long enough it will eventually finish updates which doesn't help if you're trying to get an app urgently. Killing the play store will often let the last stuck app finish but then the next one in the queue gets stuck. I leave it overnight with auto-update enabled and most apps eventually update.

Incidentally, it's not just the playstore. GMail attachments also don't download from the app as well as some types of email embedded images. I just got a calendar notification 8 minutes after I saw it on my PC browser. It all seems to point to the networking in the play services component having a problem with the Samsung network drivers.

Incidentally, networking itself works fine - browsers and downloads don't have a problem, and updates from the Samsung store work perfectly. Just anything involving downloads through Google services. Reminds me of the problem the S7 had with IPv6 - has some flavor of this issue been reintroduced in the Pie firmware?

(And for those thinking of a factory reset, dont' waste your time - the ball's in Samsung's court. Safe mode didn't help when I tried it initially.)

0 Likes
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok, SamsungRei! I just tried Safe Mode. And...was actually, finally, able to download 2 large size apps, one that was a little over 100mb, and the 2nd over 400mb. Now previously, the 400mb and the 100mb apps, would both just show in the store as downloading, but would never end up downloading at all and finally after about 20 minutes or more, I'd cancel the app from downloading. However, I have a LOT of apps, so my question is, how the heck do I go about figuring out which, or what apps, are or could be, the issue? Either way I'm very glad that I tried your idea, and thanks for the article link too, it made it easy to follow the steps to put it in Safe Mode. So where do I go from here? Thanks!!

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If the issue is corrected while in safe mode, I recommend deleting your third-party apps one by one starting with the most recent until you find the one causing the issues.

0 Likes
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Oh boy, SamsungLarry, I was really hoping you wouldn't say that....lol. Ok. I will try that, I think I keep pretty good track of my apps, so I should be able to determine them by date, and when they were installed. My Appbrain app will help with that. So maybe it won't take TOO too long. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks.

0 Likes
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Im so glad that S9Plus-vzw-user posted their findings about a factory reset, because that's definitely what I was going to try. Really messed up that it didn't work out...

0 Likes
userWDzNY19Gwv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue on unlocked S10+ for about a month now. Also having trouble downloading Oculus apps, viewing/downloading attachments in the Gmail app, and getting the blue light filter to turn on & off when scheduled. Not sure if those issues are related, but a factory reset did not fix any of these issues. Please let me know if anyone has similar problems or solutions.

0 Likes