cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Contributor

Re: Google Play services consuming abnormal battery life

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hmm interesting. Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let me know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
user6vjXC6Eov2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have done all of those steps at one time or another. I let The phone run in safe mode for a while but since I don't know how to get the phone to create the issue I eventually put it back into regular mode.

The error just came back up after not having the phone get real hot for the last day. By the time I picked up my phone the issue had come and gone and the phone was back to normal temp
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Interesting... Hey Community! Anyone else seeing this problem? Anyone have a workaround? Let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userMH1rirYpX9
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having a similar problem on the Note 8. The battery last for 2 plus days most of the time and then suddenly for no apperant reason it heats up and the battery drains in several hours. Today I received a warning about Google Play Services using system resources.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMH1rirYpX9

Does this happen just one day or several in a row? Could it be a bunch of your apps all getting updates on the same day?

user6vjXC6Eov2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find a specific time that it always happens. I have my apps set to update when I'm plugged in and charging.  It's happened over night when I have it off the charger several times. 

Seems to happen at work more than at home. I'm on Wi-Fi in both locations with very good cell coverage for what it's worth 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks @user6vjXC6Eov2

I'll be sure to add that to my report so hopefully we can get this all fixed up soon.  Smiley Happy

user6vjXC6Eov2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome thanks. A friend had the same issue and went into App-> Google play services and turned off permissions to calender and body sensor and says he hasn't had the error code since. I'm trying that now too. Obviously I shouldn't have to do that stuff to have the software run smooth. 

I'll let you know if that helps!

usercip7JUO5VI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Galaxy Note 5. Same drain. 

Also trying to fix it by turning off permision for body sensor... as Gsam baterry monitor indicates enormous usage of body sensor...

usercip7JUO5VI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope...  restricting body sensors for google play services didn't help.

Phone started overheating and draining baterry again...