Original topic:

Google Voice typing vs Samsung ?

(Topic created: 06-21-2021 11:48 AM)
gotdurt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Devices: Anything "S"; S5 Active, S8 Active, S8+ and S9+

First, what happened to Samsung voice typing? It no longer appears as an option on my S phones...

Google voice typing used to be excellent, like 2-3+ years ago, in fact, I used to try to fool it or trip it up, just to find limits. Then, it started randomly adding "oh" before commas (ie: "oh,"), then it started going crazy with auto punctuation, capitalization, and transcribing incorrect words. The "auto" punctuation and caps has mostly gotten better, but the "oh," and incorrect words have not improved.

Then, a new update a while back took away the ability to touch an incorrect word or phrase for options that might be (and one usually was) correct. This was easily remedied by deleting the Google update, which reverted back to the gray "button" from blue... but now, it re-updates every day, the updates cannot be blocked, and I'm done with it.

When things started getting ugly early-on, I was able to switch to Samsung voice typing, which, while better than the crazy stuff Google was doing with auto punctuation, was not as good as Google Voice of old. However, it would be better than the current Google version, but now I can't find it on my phones...

Where did the Samsung voice typing option go? Can it be downloaded? Are there other options?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You mean dictation? I use both Google Assistant and Bixby for dictation.
0 Likes
gotdurt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

90% texting, along with some forum posting. Not a fan of virtual assistants like Bixby/Siri/GA/Alexa/Cortana et al. I disabled Bixby long ago.

0 Likes