Original topic:

Google assistant opens but doesn't respond to any voice commands?

(Topic created: 07-22-2021 12:10 AM)
user4DBUkbpfTD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I say "OK Google" the app opens but then it doesn't respond to any voice commands, it forces me to use the keyboard and I can't even turn the voice command on, it just closes and then reopens the app. Does anyone have a solution to this?

0 Likes
7 Replies
JRTuttle4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you tried doing the "Voice Model" retrain? If you tap your profile picture/icon in Assistant and then tap "Voice Match," you should see the "Voice Model" option:Screenshot_20210721-231853_Google_51495.jpg
0 Likes
user4DBUkbpfTD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, its not the voice model. It recognizes my voice and opens the app when I say "OK Google" but once its open the voice commands shut off and it forces me to use the keyboard, it just says "try typing..." even if I hit the microphone button it just shuts off and restarts the app and still expects me to use the keyboard and won't allow me to use voice commands at all.
0 Likes
user4DBUkbpfTD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The same happens when the phone is asleep, I say "OK Google" and it wakes up and opens the app, but then the voice command shuts off and forces me to use the keyboard and type the commands.
0 Likes
JRTuttle4
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That is strange. I had that happen the other day, but turns out my phone kept reconnecting to my wireless ear buds that were in another room, so Assistant was listening for my response through the microphone on the ear buds.
0 Likes
user4DBUkbpfTD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My only wireless buds were connected to my computer. And it still happens even if I have Bluetooth turned off
0 Likes
space_pro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I believe Google recently change this where you have to specifically allow voice recording for performing search using Assistant. Check out Personalization & Your Data or Security for update to policy.
0 Likes
user4DBUkbpfTD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I finally found the issue. In the general settings in the Google assistant app the preferred input was set to keyboard. I didn't even know that was an option, seems like it kind of defeats the purpose of the app and saying "OK Google."
0 Likes