JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hands tingling when using Samsung S 9 + and S10 +

(Topic created: 05-20-2020 04:34 PM)
Wlk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I own a S9 + phone and a S10+ phone. Ever since I have been using both, there has been an odd tingling sensation/ feeling in my hands, which gets to a point of being a discomfort. The phone is normal temperature and I experience it with both phones. Anybody else experiencing this?

79 Replies
MABlack8888
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is without a doubt carpal tunnel syndrome. The cause is located in the wrist, the median nerve is getting pressure at the wrist. Over use of the fingers and improper form at the wrist is causing nerve pain. The only method that I have found to alleviate the symptoms is to put my phone down and use a stylus so that I do not bend my wrist for prolonged periods of time. Carpal tunnel syndrome effects some people more severely than others and it can be treated and avoided. If this were radiation then children would have tingling in their fingers as well. Since only adults are getting the tingle it is only logical to conclude that an age related problem is to blame.

0 Likes
user6WgOM8z2lH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem.  I've been using it in less than a month and it numbs my hands.  Any solution? If nothing to be done,  I guess this phone is not a safe one. 

0 Likes
usertHS2UJRenI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi There

I have the S10+ also and have the tingling in my hands and sometimes feels numb. It feels like energy or electricity and I can't hold my phone for very long. Did you find out why this is the case?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem problem when I hold me phone or tablet for too long. It's not a problem with the phone itself but with the fact that you are gripping something for a prolonged perioud of time. It's reducing blood flow in your fingers and hands and causing nerve and muscle fatigue. Simply switching hands more often or using a cell phone stand will help. Getting a case with a hand strap in back can really help too.

0 Likes
userTYyJPI3spg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem, I feel hand tingle for my note 10+. I have 2 note 8, but don't  have hand tingle p.roblem. What is problem on the samsung problem?

0 Likes
JennyJenO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

I definitely understand what you are referring to.  I had a galaxy s5 mini and then got the Galaxy a 51 5G phone. I returned it within a week because of the pain/ tingling/ numbness that came with the phone. I had numbness in my hand that traveled to my arm, leg, elbow etc. I know I do not have carpal tunnel syndrome because the numbness/tingling only happened when I held the phone. Because I had thoughts this was a 5G problem, I returned the phone. I got the same phone, but the 4G model of it. I had the same issue with the tingling/numbness from the 4G phone. I realized this when I first turned it on. The numbness traveled to my arm, fingers, chest, etc. I knew I had to return this phone, and so I did. 

I ended up going back to my s5 Galaxy mini. Any suggestions on what phone I should upgrade to? I just don't want anything that will give me pain and numbness.

~ To be on the safe side, I am not taking any suggestions from any 5G phones.

-Jennifer

0 Likes
Spool
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi

I just upgraded from a Samsung S10 to an S20, and whenever I use my new phone I get an obvious sensation of tingling in my fingers and hands.  It feels like a low-level electric current is passing from my phone to my hands, but there could be other explanations.  It definitely is not Carpal Tunnel, as this only happens with my S20.  It makes using the phone very uncomfortable, but my greater concern is that this new phone could be affecting my health.  If anybody has found a solution, please advise.   It seems that many people on this board have been forced to switch phones.  I would like to avoid that outcome, but it might be inevitable.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Sheluvshoops
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having this same problem and it's intense. I just decided to google the problem and saw this!

0 Likes
usergVRNw3GGk6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
my fingers are in so much pain I called customer service and they said they have never heard of it. I went to my doctor and it IS NOT CARPAL TUNNEL. Please help
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes