Original topic:

Has anyone else found this phone breaking bug???

(Topic created on: 2/25/21 8:40 AM)
ty8447
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This bug is concerning the UI of the entire phone. When a video from an app is played, the video goes to a pop-up screen, and then the user rotates the phone, the entire screen starts shaking back and forward. This prevents the user from being able to use the device until the video stops playback. 

Some key pieces of information to know are the following: 
- Phone: Galaxy s10+ 
- Launcher: Nova Launcher (but will work on any app/launcher that can rotate the screen) 
- Apps used to test the bug: Youtube, Netflix, Plex Steps to recreate the bug: 
- Open an app that can play a video in popup 
- Play that video 
- Go to the home screen or open a different app so that the video can turn into a pop-up 
- Rotate the phone 

Other information found while testing bug: 
- In the One UI Home launcher, popups for videos fly away when you try to drag them to a spot and the will reappear when you open another app or screen on the phone.
3 Replies
user36PgWuZzMH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm getting the same thing, amongst multiple other bugs. Since the update I've had

1. The picture-in-picture shaking/swiping off the screen that you mentioned.

2. Phone screen refusing to automatically lock after a YouTube video has finished playing

3. MMS totally broken on Verizon. To top it off, a Samsung tech support rep gave me a snarky reply that MMS is always compressed and that there's no solution. Yes, compressed, but not always a 30kb mess of pixels.

Thanks a lot Samsung for a horrible buggy update.
0 Likes
Incog
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung is dropping the ball on this. I reported the auto rotate bug as well as others back in December
0 Likes
ty8447
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
there is an update to this. samsung has found the problem and fixed it, which should be updated in the next security update
0 Likes