Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John Pratt
Asteroid

Help me unroot my phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi my name is John 

I am having trouble with my Samsung Galaxy S5. I purchased this phone from FreedomPop not knowing that they were shipping me a troublesome , rooted device. Because of this, my phone won't receive the latest software updates, certain apps will crash upon opening them, and most importantly, my phone no longer has warranty or protection from Samsung. Someone please help me unroot my phone and set it to the default Sprint stock-rom. I would highly appreciate it. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John Pratt
Asteroid

Re: Help me unroot my phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Acrillix,

I appreciate your response, but I want to offer a permanent solution to all Samsung Galaxy users. If you want a phone that has new updated software and has protection from Samsung, this is the way to go. It may take a couple hours to finish, but it's definitely not worth losing a several hundred dollar phone for. This is not rocket science It's actually VERY simple!  DON'T WING IT THOUGH! Just follow the instructions from the link below and you will be fine. 

Here is the link for the instructions. 

www.androidrootz.com/2014/05/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s5-complete-stock.html

4 REPLIES 4
John Pratt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please someone reply; I have proof of the issues too. I have photo evidence. Screenshot_2017-07-13-08-53-47.pngSamsung+ alert

Screenshot_2017-07-13-08-51-46.pngWhat's App alert

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@John Pratt

You will need to reset the device to Factory Defaults. 

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
John Pratt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Acrillix,

I appreciate your response, but I want to offer a permanent solution to all Samsung Galaxy users. If you want a phone that has new updated software and has protection from Samsung, this is the way to go. It may take a couple hours to finish, but it's definitely not worth losing a several hundred dollar phone for. This is not rocket science It's actually VERY simple!  DON'T WING IT THOUGH! Just follow the instructions from the link below and you will be fine. 

Here is the link for the instructions. 

www.androidrootz.com/2014/05/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s5-complete-stock.html

John Pratt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also want to add, these instructions also will help for a Samsung Galaxy phone that is "bricked". Don't listen to people saying that your phone is dead forever if it gets stuck in a boot loop.  There is a way out. Use the instructions i just posted in my last link.