cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

I had changed my password but now I want to change it again because it's too long but when I go to change it, it says "try again" when I go to confirm it to change it. What do I do? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Help me

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will probably have to do a factory reset...unfortunately

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will probably have to do a factory reset...unfortunately

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you that is what I thought but is there any way to do a factory reset if I cannot unlock the phone itself 

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Change to a different type of password like pattern or pin. Pattern works great. If you don't like it you can switch it back and it should let you set any password you want. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem, put in too long a password.  If I do a factory reset will all my contact information be lost, I only have this phone 1 day.

Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@laserbeam wrote:

I'm having the same problem, put in too long a password.  If I do a factory reset will all my contact information be lost, I only have this phone 1 day.

Factory reset wipes everything that is on the Phone's internal storage. If you have saved your Contact's names and numbers on the phone itself then they are lost too. If you have saved that info to Google instead of the phone then they are not wiped. 

In any case for the future, you should save all your contacts to Google instead of the phone. Back up your photos and videos to Google photos (or other cloud based services) and same with Music too. The phone can break so easily and you want to make sure you have no critical information that is only on the phone. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My battery is still running out quickly.  I've tried factory reset and only when I force stop and disable media storage and download manager does the battery work properly.  What use is the phone if I have to do that? I've been thinking about other smartphone options...I dunno sammy...better get it together...if the s8 gives me any problems at all....that's gonna be it for sammy..

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there. Can you try some of the battery saving tips found here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/How-to-Battery-Tips-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/5015...

Just let us know how those steps go! That will give the Community a much better direction to help you out.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Battry life issues were good on my S6 Active when it worked.  I broke the screen and now I can't pay someone to fix it.  Best Buy can't fix it, the guy in the mall can't get the parts, Samsung authorized repair center wont fix it and Samsung wont fix out of warrenty repairs at this time.  Don't break it cause you will be out $600 dollars if you do.