Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kimmtabb
Asteroid

Help needed for very troubled Galaxy S5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A couple of days ago I uninstalled some apps, a little after that my phone was off and I thought it was just needing to be charged.  I tried to charge it but there were no lights, no screen display, nothing but a couple of vibrations. Tried a different battery and cord but still nothing. Left the battery out overnight then tried to power it up again. The samsung screen came up then froze so I had to remove battery and try again with no response.  I have tried all the tricks I could find online but the only one that had a response was the power button, volume down key, and menu button. It asked if I wanted to change os I think so I hit no and the phone shut off. Since then nothing at all. Ever since I bought the phone it has constantly restarted itself. Should have sent it in for a check while I still had warranty, but sadly my warrabty  expired in March. I took it to a cell phone repair shop and they told me they've never seen my kind of phone ever do anything like this and it must have come from the maufacturer with this defect. He wanted $165 just to look at it and see if he could find the problem. Please can someone help me fix my phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
S1eep1ess
Asteroid

Re: Help needed for very troubled Galaxy S5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately it sounds like the CPU. Try doing the full factory/master reset. I had a similar problem and had to do a the reset 3 or 4x before my S5 worked.

6 REPLIES 6
Cyb410
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like a battery issue. I have an S5, and had to replace my battery due to overcharging issues.

kimmtabb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks but I wish it was that easy. I took another galaxy S5 and switched batteries. Mine worked fine in the other phone, but their battery didn't help me Smiley Sad

cvan1
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have recently started having battery drain issues.  My phone will say it is charged at 100% but after I open a few apps it suddenly drians and shuts off.  I basically have to keep it plugged into a charger all the time.  I noticed online that others are having the same problem!!!!   I have a note 4.  

S1eep1ess
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately it sounds like the CPU. Try doing the full factory/master reset. I had a similar problem and had to do a the reset 3 or 4x before my S5 worked.

kimmtabb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's what I think too. I have sent it to samsung because nothing I tried got any response from my phone. I'll let you know what they said. Thank you

kimmtabb
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got an email and they say it's fixed. Here's what they did - REPLACED LCD - REPLACED COSMETIC - REPLACED COMPONENT - REPLACED PBA. I think it was just the CPU but they decided to replace multiple things as well. Doesn't matter to me because they only charged me $70.31 and they've only had my phone for about 5 days. Not bad, I just hope I never go through this again.!! Thank you all for your help.