Original topic:

Hotspot won't work after update

(Topic created: 07-13-2021 07:59 AM)
userNKME2yIUpI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have an S9+, have run hotspot for years with no issue.  Once I got the last Android update, it won't work.  I chatted with Samsung support via FB Messenger (Steph was very nice!), she walked me through several things to try, all with no luck.  Going to chat with AT&T next, but this all goes back to the latest Android update.  Worked fine before, now it says my plan doesn't support Mobile Tethering, except it does, and I've double checked that.  You need to get a fix out for this ASAP.  From what I can gather while searching for fixes on the internet, it seems to be a widespread problem.  You should have found this bug in beta testing before a general release.  Get it fixed!!  Send an update.  This is ridiculous!!!!

3 Replies
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

yeah i'd def talk to ATT and see if they can help or submit an error report on members app > + button > error report if you think it's samsung's issue

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It can't be an issue with Samsung because the carrier only decides if you can have a Hotspot or not. If it's unlocked, that's another story, but if it's a carrier locked variant, you'll most likely end up with a hit or miss because different carriers have different models.
0 Likes
Shar_91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm having the same exact issue except with a different phone. I don't believe it's a carrier issue. It worked fine beforehand.
0 Likes