cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Remove Account From Secure Folder SG S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Want To Remove My Samsung/Google Account Fr: Secure Folder & Disable Secure Folder...I Have No Data In My Secure Folder Icon(s). When I Go To Account, My Google Account Is There, But When I Go To Remove It *It Says: Removing The Account Will Delete All Of Its Messages, Contacts & Other Data From The Device. Continue? (Options:  Cancel - Remove Account). I Don't Want To Delete My Data Fr: The Device...I Just Don't Want Anything Under Secure Folder. Just Try'n To Make Sure I'm Not Erase'n The Data Fr: My Phone...Thx 4 Any Assistance 

Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How To Remove Account From Secure Folder SG S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's Ok, there are other methods. Let's try this one. Check out the link below for tips on how to remove the secure folder from your phone. Let us know if this helps. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-uninstall-or-remove-the-secure-folder/

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @GoogliciousBytes, If you remove your Samsung account, there is a possibility you will lose a lot of important data and information. I would recommend Trying these steps; Settings>Device Maintenance>Device Security>Enhance Your Privacy(Settings)>Notifications and Data>Allow Clipboard(Off). Within the device security setting there may be a way to disable the secure folder function completely. Let me know if this is helpful.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, just checking back in to see if troubleshooting was successful. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I Go To: Device Maintenance It ONLY Displays: Battery, Performance Mode, Storage & Memory - NO Device    Security Option (A Search Of The Phone Produces No Results Either?)

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7

Model # Samsung-SM-G930A

S/N:  R38H20QLACB

Android Ver:  8.0.0

Samsung Experience Ver:  9.0

Baseband Ver. G930AUCU4CRE4

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the information you provided. The Galaxy s7 does not have an option to delete accounts from your secure folder. However, you can delete a accounts that you have logged into your phone.

settings>Cloud and Accounts> Accounts> Click on the account you would like to remove.

Let me know if this is helpful for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1st & Foremost The Account I Would Be Removing Is My Main, Samsung Account; Which Would Mean Losing The Majority Of My Data On The Phone (If I Understand It Correctly???). Again, I'm Not Try'n To Remove The Account From The Phone/Device. I'm Try'n To Turn Off, Disable Or Remove 'Secure Folder'. I Can't Believe There Was No Thought Put Into This 'Secure Folder' To Keep Your Data Or @Least Disable 'Secure Folder' If You Decide Not To Use It. I Did Not Download This App It Came Automatically W/The Last Android 8.0.0 Update & Because Of A Software Or Hardware Glitch...It Incorporated My Samsung Account W/O My Permission & I Was Forced To Establish A Code To Even Get Into My Phone & Subsequently My Account One Morning While Using Samsung's Own Launcher...So I Downloaded Microsoft Launcher So I Wouldn't Be Forced To Use 'Secure Folder' To Get In My Phone (Especially While Driving)...No1 Should Be Forced To Use 'Secure Folder'. 

So There's No Way To Disconnect My Samsung Account From 'Secure Folder' Not My Whole Phone/Device? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, try this. Let us know if this solves the issue. Thanks!

Tap the Home Key to start from the Home Screen. Swipe down from the top>>Tap the settings icon (looks like a gear/cog)>>Tap on Device Maintenance>>Tap Device security>>Under System Protection tap Settings>>Tap More Settings>>Tap uninstall>> Tap uninstall again (bottom of screen). Now the Secure Folder should be uninstalled. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We Are Right Back Where We Started; There Is No Device Security Option On My Phone.