cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userl4mvbnL1yK
Cosmic Ray

Re: How do I access Samsung Cloud?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So Samsung is collecting all of my personal information and I can't review it. That is not good. Is there a way to change backup to Google drive as my default backup and restore source. Galaxy s8

userg8k2usxs0s
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
this is rubbish that one cannot view own stuff
userEPvsaZ61um
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, this totally sucks)-:

userx6zLWipOw1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Feeling like this has to be a joke! If this thread is true, my Galaxy Edge will definitely be my very last Samsung device unless the company considers changing this feature. No easy way to view my phone pictures to create photo books? LAME-O. Guess I'll have to pay for storage and reinstall Dropbox...and start hunting for a new phone in the future.

amicalmant
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Mel (or Melissa, or whatever is your real name),

How come you don't show your real name here and your company wants to know my address, postal code and phone number?

This form that you suggest asks too many personal data that are useless for addressing the question. A name and an email address should make it. So there's no way anyone with common sense will use it to request what should be an evidence.

BTW, you did not address the other very important question — what kind of data and files is actually saved in this backup vault and what happens if you delete some files locally. Are they also deleted online as I assume they are?

If so, please make it clear: Samsung Cloud is NOT a free online storage service — just a private data harvesting tool for Samsung and a mere sync tool for users when they get a new proprietary Samsung phone and they are too lazy to manage their own backups.

user7nJyaMLcUQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't input the correct data since it applies only to US users.  

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should be able to just go into your Backup and Reset Settings on the phone and select your Google Account instead. Have you tried that at all? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userl4mvbnL1yK
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't find any setting that will let me change the default to backup and restore from Google drive. I have Google drive listed, but Samsung cloud seems to be blocking it. I reset my phone do to Samsungs Bluetooth problem and the only option to restore was Samsung cloud. I lost all of my settings and felt it did a poor job. Also when I open Samsung file manager-Samsung cloud, no files are listed even though it shows 7 megs being used. I also see that my pictures were being saved to Samsung cloud, what good is this if there is no way to get to them. T-Mobile tech walked me through the backup and restore process, but had no information on backup and restore from Google drive. Samsung GS8

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's because the storage place isn't Google Drive. It's just your Google Account that you backup to. Drive is for like, documents to be saved to. I'm sure you could put your backup file on there, but that's not how you actually configure the backup on the phone. I actually made a post with instructions on how to get this done. 

I'm sorry to hear about your settings though, that is a huge bummer. Let me know if those instructions I linked you work. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userldbTcsm8Gr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Laptop and wish to access my Samsung Cloud gallery. How do i do this?

If not, how do i delete all the gallery in the CLOUD and prevent further photos going there from my S8 Galaxy?

I wish to know how i can be sure that the photos that are mine are deleted when i delete it and its confirmed as deleted.