Original topic:

How do I disable my s-pen handwriting feature

(Topic created: yesterday)
userB34HnZty8u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do I DISABLE the s22 ultra handwriting feature for my S-pen, completely?

Thanks folks for any usable answer! šŸ‘šŸ»šŸ˜„

No matter what I have tried, including that "turn off s pen detection' within the Samsung keyboard, it always detects it and insists that is the default. This happens if I use the Samsung keyboard or Gboard as the default.

In particular Samsung notes keeps defaulting to handwriting mode. Every time I forget, touch the screen a few times to start using the keyboard, I get a couple smears on my Note and have to remember this glitch hit undo a couple times before I touch the keyboard button. I have tried everything on this and other websites, and the solutions available do not work.

No lectures about how great the handwriting feature is, please? This is not a green eggs and ham scenario. I never use the handwriting feature and do not want to. I always use voice recognition. I do rarely use the S-Pen as a mouse. The only thing I know of to do is to pull out the s pen and never use it.?!

I like Samsung notes okay, but not this much. Every time I try this I get irritated. Maybe I should just never use Samsung notes. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Oriontek
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
phone settings / Advanced / S Pen and is called S Pen to text. Turn that off. It will not enable the ability to use the S Pen in any text entry field box or app.
0 Likes
userB34HnZty8u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

I saw this suggested solution. But...

1 There is no settings/advanced choice. 

2. I was able to do this a different way. Youcan see that I have already done what you suggested. But that does not turn off handwriting detection within Samsung notes. 

1000072739.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
userB34HnZty8u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Screenshot_20240926_154220_Nova Launcher.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes