cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Galaxy tab a won't unlock

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue... I tried all the other suggested ideas and it didnt work so this is what I did and so far its working pretty good. I pressed both volume up and down buttons and then the power button for a few seconds and the android screen popped up. I pressed the down volume button and it restarted after I put my PIN in. 

@userC8l388pBTP wrote:

I have a Tab A that when I go to use it, I put in my pattern, and it asks if I want to power down or restart. I choose restart, but it doesn't restart. It just goes back to the lock screen. The samt thing happens if I choose power down, or tap off to the side to abort restart. I can't get in at all.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had the same problem. It frustrated me so much that I just threw it out. I think it was either because I left it running and never turned it off or an app caused it to have this problem.

I like most of Samsung's hardware but this thing was a piece of rubbish (why no backlighting on the touch sensitive controls, it was amazingly slow and the WiFi speeds on it where hopeless (even though all the other devices I've got which use WiFi are quite quick)).

To me it's no loss.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I rebooted into Safe mode, removed my password, restarted my tablet and its working again

To reboot in safe mode 

Hold down power button, click on power off, then hold that button down until it starts again in safe mode

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another potential fix, below:

I experienced this issue today, and nothing listed here helped.

• I was able to drain my battery from 100% to 89 in about an hour, so that was a bust.
  • Registering my device still hasn't made it show up on my Samsung device list, so that was also a bust, and wouldn't help a bit if I was out of range of a web connection.

I was finally, consistently able to get my Tab A 8" device to (non-destructively) reboot, using the following process. No data was lost, nothing was cleared using this process, etc.

YMMV:

1. At first all I received was the Power Off and Restart options like everyone else here. I left the power button alone for a while, while I tried to drain the battery (by pulling down the system drawer and turning on the lamp). Pressing Home turns the screen on, so I only used that for a while. Eventually just tapping the power button produced only the login prompt (pattern).
  2. Press and hold down the Power, Volume Down, and Home keys, in that order.
  3. Hold them all pressed down together for 5-10 seconds.
  4. Don't try pressing on them all at once, but 1-2-3 within about 1 to 1.5 seconds. Pressing them all at once seems to have no effect.
  5. The screen will eventually turn black, device will then eventually restart and bring you to the security code entry. I use the pattern for security, so I saw the prompt for that.
  6. Then you'll see various startup notifications, and the device will (hopefully) boot into your 'desktop' screen, logged in.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: How do I stop ads from displaying when I wake up my phone.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In s10 delete Galaxy Golden Goals app to stop adverts when waking the phone

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hello! I have found the exact app that does this. It's ca...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! I have found the exact app that does this. It's called peel remote

It's built into android, so you have to disable the app the same way that you uninstall it