Asteroid

Re: How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there an unauthorized way?

userGEYXmSNzN3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can no longer stream via mobile data since the update but everything works fine when connected to Wi-Fi but as soon as im out and using mobile data i cant stream nothing. Youtube etc work but when i try to use iptv it just says playback error but then works fine on Wi-Fi so i know its not the app its this rubbish update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no authorized way to reverse a Software update. I do recommend speaking with your carrier regarding your mobile network issue.

userSpmk4GBJEV
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My update for my Galaxy 7 active is horrible. Small fonts big typing can't read anything autocorrect stupid words. I hate it how do I fix it?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can adjust the screen zoom and font size under your Display Settings.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userFp9wiTTW1R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree the othets having issues. The new updates suck; if I had wanted an IPhone I would have bought one, but I don't like the way the IPhones are set up. You need to make the updates a little like computer updates so users can choose the things they want updated, & you need to include a way to do a system restore if the updates aren't working or we just hare the updates. And while I'm complaining, PLEASE, PLEASE include a delete or uninstall on all the preloaded apps, some are ok, but mist suck and they are bloatware, and they take up valuable space that can be allocated for important things. I think you should only have the operating system and internet, whatever to make the phones/tablets work and let the users choose what we want as far as the apps go. Thank you, and please make these very

necessary changes, because they are desperately needed! 

userJH77lXpHWa
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This update needs to be reversed,  now! Can anyone recommend anything to try? My S7 no longer displays the call information during calls and I cannot access the dialpad during calls. I have to go through a teleprompter call center to order medical products for my child and I am currently completely stuffed because I have no way of dialing 1 to access a representative and it times out and hangs up. On top of this, the alarm no longer works, going straight to snooze, which made me late for work twice before I realized and downloadedan ap to cicumvent. I really don't want to do a factory reset without knowing this will fix the issue. HELP!!!

Highlighted
user4eZpovP14Z
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

24/9/18

They need to roll back, or fix the latest update. The ruined the battery on my phone. When I go to charge the phone it wont, it is sometimes not holding charge(I've seen it go from 36% To 2% in seconds), and it's is not charging past 59%. Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge.

25/09/18

53% today, so at this rate I'll won't be able to use my phone anymore in 9 days

26/09/18

So I'm at 27% now and it's not charging anymore. GG Samsung

userRnnQ7IMHfh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep I'm experiencing the same problem my battery won't charge and when it does charge it charges super slow says things like you have a bad connection I've use different chords different charger amounts different amperage amounts all to no avail every Samsung device I have which I might add is like four is all struggling from the same issue get a fix. Get one now. Before I brick my phone attempting to put a third-party operating system on it

userhGP5pUl9Hu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not only dislike the recent updates to my phone, I hate them! It makes it harder and not easier especially with text messages! It is ridiculous that you have to click on your contacts and type in a name to get to a text message. The way before was much easier! They are making it harder instead of faster and easier! Please Samsung, think about things before you actually make the updates!