cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFehwG6N0Gw
Astronaut

Re: How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My samsung J7 after the latest update will not let me use my blue tooth earpiece to make calls 

it was fine untill the update now its stuffed 

can make calls only by headset now and this is bad when driving so samsung you suck

give us a roll back or loose me for ever if I was a cynical person I wouyld think its xmas lets put out an update to make people buy a new phone why else would you roll out such unreversable rubbish

userh9sVMFs8pi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my A5 has become totally unstable after the latest update  (7.1.?)with an android error message that I have created too many files. I have done a factory reset, which took several hours to get my environment back. I have loads of spare space and memory but after about 24 hours I got the android systems message again  that I have created too many files and then apps just stop working .  On rebooting i get notifications that key services have stopped and the phone is unusable.

there has to be a way to go back to a prior stable  version

does anyone from the android team read these posts??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userh9sVMFs8pi   We are sorry to hear about this. Mos likely, something in your update did not load correctly. You can take your device to a local Ubreakifix location to have the software reflashed to the phone. There is no authorized procedure to roll back a software update.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usernOpjDEhCd3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Re: 1/29/19 update: Wow I had no idea that my phone would be hijacked every time a developer got an itch to make an update. There needs to be a way to reverse updates that include crappy themes that replace what was already on the phone. A smart thing to do would be to make the announcement that "Hey we have an update with new icons and features that you can choose to download if you would like" as opposed to forcing an update with no explanation to the user that "BTW, your phone's going to look like a kindergarten project tomorrow so don't allow this update". It's ridiculous and needs to be rectified being that these aren't $20 phones we can just throw away. This is my phone, I paid a lot of money for it, and I had it customized to my liking. I want it back the way it was. Security updates no problem. System updates, within reason, no problem, but when your updates hijack the icons and the themes, that's a problem. Please find a solution ASAP thank you

Highlighted
userVr02mbNeVl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Galaxy S9 and it did the same thing.  I just want my old icons back. Also, I am not able to answer a phone call when I press the green phone ringing button.  I had to make it answer by pressing the side volume button.  I am very disappointed in this update.  I really, really want to reverse this update.

user4zgHp6Hy19
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here I hate it I absolutely loved my phone until now I hate the update icons look cheap 

KAK1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hate this update.  It's awful.  Even the Home button doesn't work.  Don't people test this?  Oh, right, that's us.  Fix this, Samsung.

user4lwwmM3kGU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My thoughts exactly. I hate this latest update and just want my phone back like it was! I'm a Samsung user for years but updates like this makes me consider changing. They give no warning or anything so by the time we realize the update just messed up our phone it's too late!

userkH8GrhY92y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a terrible update. Having problem with my text. Phone keeps trying to call person while texting. Also icons are childish wish  I could uninstall this update.

userOoeD3znyT0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It looks like grade school children drew the icons. I absolutely hate this!