cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruVY1fHNr9E
Constellation

How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received a system update (G930VVRU4BQA4) a few days ago and it is awful.  Too many terrible changes to count.

I don't think this is a settings issue.  For instance if you use speech-to-text to compose a text and then hover over a word to change it, the suggested words are light gray on a dark gray background.  It almost impossible to see.  Another issue is that if I pull down the notifications and tap on a text, it takes me to the previoius text conversation I was having, not to the text itself.  I have to go back to the main text screen listing all conversations and then click on the name of whoever sent the text.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userh9sVMFs8pi   We are sorry to hear about this. Mos likely, something in your update did not load correctly. You can take your device to a local Ubreakifix location to have the software reflashed to the phone. There is no authorized procedure to roll back a software update.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

184 REPLIES 184
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, @useruVY1fHNr9E! There unfortunately isn't a way to go back to the previous update. However, we do have a thread to collect all of the various concerns that users have noticed with the Nougat update. Would you mind posting this again here? This will make it easier for our developers to find all of these and also make it easier for users on this site to talk to each other. Thanks! Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userQxEHgiGJYV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really dislike th echanges on my Galaxy S7. Everything is looking more like iPhone. 1/2 My apps arent responding i have to back completly out of my email to go to the next message once i open one to read it. The security logging update sucks. No more GPS logging services. WE really need a way to go back to Marshmellow.

usergB6GPgaf2E
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Really regret buying samsung.Lost all hidden files 

usereb6Q45Po2C
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with this when my Samsung updated now it's looking and acting like an iPhone I had an iPhone once I did not like it and went back to my Samsung if I wanted an iPhone I would have bought an iPhone my Samsung is unique and I want my Samsung back but I don't know how to go back to what it was

userOUKoY6Xlvu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I updated my phone on Friday, it broke my weather app and had to add my locations again, jumped into my car with a bluetooth stereo and the songs play but the title and artist don't show up, got home and it won't charge connected to the wall only to a computer (tried 4 cords, 4 wall warts and the same cord that works in the computer doesn't work on the wall wart), this software update is garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The more you try to troubleshoot why it won't charge, the faster the battery drains as well, like a % every 10 seconds... and why are you trying to charge? battery is low to start with...

userGKRMMk2LvN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have this same problem. Did you ever figure it out? Nice work, Samsung
userj1l3OzbM1h
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just recently completed a system update now apps in my google play store wont work. 1 that I have been playing for over a year! Really disappointed in Samsung and google rn.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userj1l3OzbM1h

Might I ask which apps? Have you checked to make sure the apps don't have updates too?

usermUDKj22SmS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. It erased all my songs!!