cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userQxXId19vzD
Astronaut

Re: How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Latest update is totally a fatigue. While writing a text it got zoomed in automatically 

userQxXId19vzD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Updates are very strange. Don't like theae
uservEIhTkm5Ki
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I totally agree with this person. Have had many problems since last system update a month ago.

Is there someone out there to help us please.

S

uservEIhTkm5Ki
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruVY1fHNr9E wrote:

I received a system update (G930VVRU4BQA4) a few days ago and it is awful.  Too many terrible changes to count.

I don't think this is a settings issue.  For instance if you use speech-to-text to compose a text and then hover over a word to change it, the suggested words are light gray on a dark gray background.  It almost impossible to see.  Another issue is that if I pull down the notifications and tap on a text, it takes me to the previoius text conversation I was having, not to the text itself.  I have to go back to the main text screen listing all conversations and then click on the name of whoever sent the text.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

I totally agree with this person. Have had many problems since last system update a month ago.

Is there someone out there to help us please.

S

user4eZpovP14Z
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can people having these issues reply to my comment with device model that is having these issues. I would like to know which devices are having these issue with the latest update and want to know if it's just on my model. Mine is The S7 Edge

userZiKYrW5SPm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a J7 and made the mistake of updating yesterday. Hate it.

usersNgg0cP2mq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruVY1fHNr9E wrote:

I received a system update (G930VVRU4BQA4) a few days ago and it is awful.  Too many terrible changes to count.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version?

I agree with this 100%.

I have an S7, less than 2 years old (factory-new in late 2016).

I stopped doing updates shortly after buying the phone because they were constant and pointless, except to break efficiency habits I'd developed because the interface was unnecessarily tweaked.

One day I somehow installed instead of postponed, and the update took away the ability to defer indefinitely. Now I'm literally forced to update ("You may defer this update 9 more times") when Samsung decides they want to change how I use my phone. I'm here right now because an update was forced down my throat today. 

These small unnecessary changes are all adding up to the same annoying interaction frustrations that drove me away from iphone. 

Can a provision be made to roll back updates? If not, I'm off the Samsung ship. 

Among the myriad of unnecessary interface changes that become constant annoyances, 2 specific combined FUNCTIONALITY problems appeared that are beyond frustrating;

It's now unacceptably slow, and frequently ignores touches. Where I'd tap to do something before, I now can't tell if it ignored my tap or is just taking forever to respond. In an excel spreadsheet, this drives me to the point that it's unusable and I have to break out the laptop. 

I have a Fit2 Pro that took a forced update recently, and is now also slow and frequently appears to be locked up. Not to mention the S-Health app updated with interface changes, and a half dozen steps have been added to my daily routine pages.
But try tapping "Start" on a stopwatch when you start a sprint, and after you exhaust the energy burst and reach the end, look down to see you suddenly shattered all human records and made your usual 7.3 second run in 2 seconds. Or, the watch just took 5 seconds to respond to "start". 

I owe Samsung nothing, no reason to stay with them now that my phone has reached upgrade time.  

user4Hju3MQTwc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Xda Developers Site, Odin Computer Software, Samsung Drivers for PC and you can put any firmware back to your phone.

usernOpjDEhCd3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What does this mean, to us non-developers, please.
user4Hju3MQTwc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Xda Developers Site, Odin Computer Software, Samsung Drivers for PC and you can put any firmware back to your phone.