cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userc3PLo73ZRn
Constellation

Re: How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh my God, please help me reverse my Update as well.  One more day of Samsung "puzzle solving" updates and I will switch back to iPhone for good!  

With my stupid S9 Note it never displayed any new text messages on my locked screen, so somebody told me to download Glimpse Notification app, and still it wasn't perfect as iPhone experience was, but I got used to it.  Now, with this stupid forced update my new text messages are not getting displayed on locked screen again, like why you guys have to make things complicated?  I am not worried about my battery useage that you guys keep forcing me to be worried about it.  Help me reverse my update, and LEAVE US ALONE PLEASE!

userRclQOdAcqR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree! The icons look SUPER CHILDISH, and very hard to tell what app is which. I also hate the notification centre (the thing you drag down from the top of your screen). It reminds me of the blueberry ibook. Samsung really needs to consult their buyers before making huge updates like this.

userDIvoRP1Jea
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I HATE the latest update on samsung. It is sooooo ugly and I can not find some of the features that I loved about Samsung and made it better than iPhone for me!

Icons have changed color and makes me ages to find the one I am looking for, the Icons look so ugly!!! 

and WHERE is MULTI window now????

PLEASSEEEE bring back the previous phone. everyone is hating this.

userZtMmBgOtP3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We appreciate you for reaching out. However, at this time there is not Authorized way to revert system software. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userWziBZ1wWj0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using SS S8, so if I reset my phone to factory setting, will it be reversed back to old version before? Thanks for your reply.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userWziBZ1wWj0 wrote:

I'm using SS S8, so if I reset my phone to factory setting, will it be reversed back to old version before? Thanks for your reply.

negative.

mito
usersbIJMMu3dY
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Resetting your phone would get rid of the updates but the trick is to make sure you turn off automatically updating.  My S7 in Dec 2018 worked great with Fitbit Versa until the Security update by Samsung on Dec 1st so I bought a S9 last week (end of March) and again my Fitbit Versa was receiving all notifications until the Feb 1, 2019 security update was pushed and now I don't receive any notifications on my Fitbit Versa! I think Samsung is doing this intentionally to force users to buy their trackers.... I have connected Fitbit about this issue and have done all troubleshooting steps with now improvement. Feeling very frustrated and ready to return my new phone and go with a different company's phone . I have had Samsung products for years but I am seriously considering getting rid of all Samsung products from my house!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usersbIJMMu3dY wrote:

Resetting your phone would get rid of the updates but the trick is to make!

resetting would not and there is no trick.

mito
useryrxAzxRgnS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For multi window download Samsung good lock!