cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userILW2v64RVS
Constellation

Re: How do you reverse a system update

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes , the latest update is really poor, many unnecessary changes to the UI , your engineers know what they have changed !!!! I would say put it back the way it was , except for the necessary security updates........... If we cannot rollback these changes then create another update !!!!!!!!!!!
user39KnlBOBbp
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I try to give this a chance after hating it at first. Well I still very dislike it. I can't believe that they would put this out. I can't stand how everything is acting. I can no longer do a pull down to see if I am on wifi, looking at the icon does not mean I am on wifi when its blue( thanks lost data). 

Google doesn't work all the time. Phone keypad looks cheap. Battery after oreo was bad but you take the cake with this. I went from a 3 day charge to once a day.  I can't understand why all this force on us! Make the dumb software like windows we pick what we want to install and if we dont like it we have a restore point. 

Does any one do any type of testing of the updates? We paid for the phone and have the right to pick what we want to do. I have 3 TV, 1 monitor and 3 phones that are Samsung but after this I have rethink my choices. 

Also why do you have a hotline if you can't fix anything and always say next update.....? Still waiting for issues to be fixed from April of 2018...lol

userPRL89wbgIk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Horrible phone since Samsung pushed out Version 9 PIE to my previously great Oreo Samsung 9+.  Since then, issues have been across the board from missing settings, dropped calls to no rings when calls are incoming, etc etc..  Called T-Mobile forwarded to Smasung, stated same thing - rolling back was not an option.  Thanks again Samsung for ruining a great working device when was Oreo, but again Samsung just wipes there hands as the previous comment of "just go to forum page and enter your concerns for use to review"!  This is not a solution or even decent customer service when the manufacturer is the one who caused the issues on the device on which we (Consumer) is forced to pay these outrageous fees and are stuck with a defect since we are the testing platform.  Fees on which Manufacturer and service provider makes profile 3 fold, considering the phone is paid for at time of purchase, through the service plan and then again when you have to trade it back in -on which they refurb your cell and re-sell for a larger sum than what they provide your trade in value.  Reminds me of college when your book is way over priced but at sell back its only worth $5 but back on the shelf at 75% of the cost of a new book.     Well thanks again Samsung for yest another no customer support to your customer.

userxBkt0TVi6S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

NO, it's not a matter of certain parts not loading correctly!!! It's a matter of being user friendly. Icons changed, colors changed, no longer as much contrast between letters and background, keyboard keys are smaller, PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!!

usera3BAfbpCk9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone notice how there is not one(1) response from Samsung?

Tells you everything you need to know.

usersTHGdjF3Pf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To reset your phone, no matter what make/model it is, go to Settings and scroll down near the bottom. You will see something like "Backup & Reset" (if not, you could do a search using the hourglass icon located near the top somewhere and look for Reset). Make sure you have backed up ALL contacts, photo's, movies, music, downloads, etcetera to either a SD card or the cloud! If you use a SD card, just to be on the safe side, take it out before doing a reset and put it back in afterwards! The reset will put your phone's operating system and all settings back to how they were before! I *always* use Google cloud to backup my devices automatically, if your device us an Apple iOS device, Apple has a cloud to back up your device as well but I prefer a "3rd party" backup ... some are totally free (most with a limitation to how much space you can use) and some have a free space with a "premium" amount of space you can pay for.