Original topic:

How does the trade in program work and what is the acceptable level of damage do they approve?

(Topic created: 07-24-2021 05:52 AM)
userUV5wQ2KHeR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hello, I would like to trade up one of my old phones but don't know how I would grade and don't know what the acceptable level of damage is. I really don't want to trade in my phone and based on a scratch or scrape they charge me the fee and I lose my perfectly working phone. I have attached 2 photos. A s7 with a hairline crack in the back and a note 9 with a scrape at the bottom. Can someone tell me if either of the phones would pass as acceptable damage and I could trade in for max eligible value? Thank217839364_344511090657550_2887992153241644777_n.jpg219349141_273890454538011_5049691782417981973_n.jpg
0 Likes
9 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userUV5wQ2KHeR not sure what you are planning on purchasing but I haven't seen the S7 on any list as a possible device. 

Not sure about the damage to the Note 9. You may want to sell it outright instead of trading it in. 

0 Likes
userUV5wQ2KHeR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

S7 is on the list of eligible devices for a trade up offer for s21 with bonus $450 trade vakue towards new phone. So is note 9. Thats why im trying to trade up and why Id rather trade than sell.

0 Likes
userUV5wQ2KHeR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Will it be rejected or does it look like acceptable level of damage?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userUV5wQ2KHeR 

"Will it be rejected or does it look like acceptable level of damage?"

I have no idea. 

0 Likes
userUV5wQ2KHeR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Ok thanks I guess..

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
userUV5wQ2KHeR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks but still not very clear. 

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The screen must turn on
It's OK if the back is cracked
Also, the week not script the s7
8 series above
0 Likes
userQCEeyWVtlQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I didn't have a terrific experience the trade in program so I would be prepared to receive less than you suspect. They will still give you credit but unless it's near perfect condition with very light scratches, it's difficult to get the full trade in. It really works best if your phone is less than 2 years old and has been in an excellent case the whole time. Just my experience, yours may very.