How to Archive Emails?

Highlighted
Constellation

How to Archive Emails?

Back when I had an iphone, I could easily archive emails that went to my Google and Yahoo email with their stock email app. Now when I use Samsung's stock email app, from what I've seen, I only have the choice to delete emails. I'm assuming if I used the Gmail app I could archive from there, but I'd prefer to use the stock app where I've set up all the accounts I have between personal, work, and school. If you know how to archive please let me know!

5 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to Archive Emails?

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch. I completely get how difficult it is to get used to all of the new bells and whistles of a new ecosystem, but not to worry, we are always here to help!

You can pretty easily delete messages from the stock Email application. Just follow these steps for the S8 version of this app:

1. Press and hold the email that you want to delete
  2. Once you have highlighted the conversations you want to delete, press the delete button on the top of the screen.

If you have another device, please provide the following information:

• Model Number
  • Baseband Version
  • Carrier

You can find most of this information in Settings > About Phone.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with our community, were you able to achieve these steps on your phone? Did this help you

If you need help with anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Yeah I know how to delete emails, which I stated in my description. The question I asked in big bold letters was if anyone knows how to archive emails 

Samsung Moderator

I do apologize, @userva742fuVYR, but this is not a function supported by our stock Email application at this time. I suggest attempting other third party applications found in the Play Store that may have the functionality you are looking for.

Samsung Moderator

Hey, I hope you are doing well. I just wanted to reach out and see if you were able to find an Email client that satisfied your needs.

If you need anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!