Original topic:

How to connect to internet when in public

(Topic created: 09-10-2022 09:29 AM)
kgil108
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't connect to the internet when I am out of the house. This means i can't use Waze or Otter or anything else unless I'm in my home WIFI environment or in my car. What connection do I have wrong?

0 Likes
6 Replies
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you want to use the internet away from your house you would need to have mobile data turned on and be connected to your cell carrier

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
SapphireXK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Have you considered, I don't know, getting cell service?!
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Might want to ask a relative or friend who's somewhat phone savvy to show the basic features of a smartphone and when each feature is used
0 Likes
Chessplayr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah like others have said, sounds like your mobile data isn't working. Make sure airplane mode isn't on, and make sure mobile data is turned on (there are usually round buttons for these if you swipe twice down from the top). If you're not sure, ask a friend who knows more about such things and maybe they can get it working for you 🙂

It's also possible that you ran out of data on your plan, if its not unlimited. They should also be able to figure out how to find that out in case that's true
0 Likes
kgil108
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your thoughtful response to my problem.

Airplane mode is always turned off (I just checked again). There isn't anything called just mobile data, but under Mobile Networks, Data roaming and VoLTE are on. 3G/2G is on auto connect. Should that be LTE/3G/2G?

Otherwise, WiFi, WiFi calling, and Bluetooth are on. My phone is paired to my car, no problem. What about Mobile Hotspot, which is not on? Would that fix it?

I appreciate your help.

Chessplayr
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, try changing it to "LTE/3G/2G". That would be what I'd try first 🙂
0 Likes