cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neutron Star

Re: How to upgrade micro sd card in S7 edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can never assume Amazon  = Quality. Amazon is a great platform for selling. Now it is up to us as consumers to investigate and study what we buy. If you can return it of course you should. Amazon customer service is very nice at returning items even after 30 days if you just call them. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

lilcountry42
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isn't a SD card problem. I have a 128GB SanDisk in my S7 edge & I have the very same issue. If you read about this on the Android Forum, you'll find there are a lot of people that have this same issue. Some have gone so far as to get a replacement S7, thinking it was the phone, but it didn't help. The S7 Edge says it can handle up to 200GB SD card, but the most it can handle is 64GB.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkI1SmuTUA
How come this guy can see 128gb?

userxkwPjlqsdP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same problem.  In Samsung Chat Latin America say .... buy samsung sd card.... it is ridiculous!!! the samsung capacity sd card is a fake publicity!!! they should assume a claim!!!

@lilcountry42 wrote:

This isn't a SD card problem. I have a 128GB SanDisk in my S7 edge & I have the very same issue. If you read about this on the Android Forum, you'll find there are a lot of people that have this same issue. Some have gone so far as to get a replacement S7, thinking it was the phone, but it didn't help. The S7 Edge says it can handle up to 200GB SD card, but the most it can handle is 64GB.

drum4ever
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For some reason your card is corrupt. There are lots of sites offering ways to restore a corrupt sd. I have never successfully restored one. I have recovered some data before but thats it. Likely, though not necessarily, it was removed during a write cycle or without unmounting it. I have only crashed 2 cards in 10 years but it can happen. Life is short. Get another card.

RLS06880
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 edge has recognized NO SD card... tried two different 64GB cards that worked fine in 2 different Note 4s and then purchased a brand new SanDisk 128GB that was specifically said to work with S7 Edge. Nope. Couldn't get that working either. I'm positive it's the phone.

RacerX5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How does one format using phone? My J7 recognizes my new 64gb card, but how can I download files to it?

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
By the way have you checked that this card gets very low satisfaction rating from many many users? http://www.amazon.com/Samevo-class-128gb-Memory-adapter/dp/B01ECXFC5S/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie...

userQhC1qRVgpN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION