cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

I am out of space and cannot delete apps

I cannot take photos or text because the phone says I am out of space. It lists apps which I have not used and tells me I can delete them to free up space. However, the "button" I would use to delete said apps is faded out and nothing happens when I touch it. I have a separate issue with photos, which I am trying to solve with Windows 10. I used to be able to upload all of my photos and videos to my two notebooks and then delete all of the photos on my phone. That no longer works. So, in the meantime, I would at least like to be able to delete the recommended unused apps. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I am out of space and cannot delete apps

What type of device are you using?

What apps are grayed out on your device, showing they are unable to be deleted?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

samsung SM-J337A

I have a Samsung icon on my phone. When I click on the icon there is an icon for files. Under files is storage analysis. Last night I had 100% storage used and a list of suggested apps to delete, but delete was faded out. Today I added a memory chip at the AT&T store. Now only 69% of memory is used. Now the list of apps is gone. Now it just shows Duplicate files and Unused files. Both are grayed out and I can't click to get further details or for any further action.  They each show 0.8 used. With the memory card, I am able to text again. I would still like to delete any apps I don't use. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried going to Settings> Applications>Select the app you want to delete>Select Uninstall?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.