cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

I bought a galaxy s7 not too impressed.

I have to say that I understand being short on money I can't expect the best phone. However I purchased the galaxy s7 just a few months ago brand new not refurbished as the site stated it was water proof for up to 30 minutes. Now I will say that I have dropped it in some water on accident while out walking, but now my phone just decides to have the very top be bright, another level slightly less bright and then the thrird line which is most of the screen darker. I don't understand this as I tried looking this issue up and have yet to find it, the phone still operates it's just really annoying looking like it has tan lines basically and at times kind of flashing at the very bottom of the screen but still usable. May I ask does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this issue? Mine is through Straight Talk so I go with phones I can buy outright because my fixed income is not affording me any really nice phones nor do I desire them for what kids call clout among my peers. 
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I bought a galaxy s7 not too impressed.

No phone is waterproof. The Galaxy S7 is only water resistant with an IP68 rating, meaning it should be resistant when submerged in up to 1.5m of water for 30 seconds. However, the phone is still not waterproof as there is still a chance of water getting into the device. If you believe your device was damaged by water, you can try bringing it to a repair shop.
Highlighted
Astronaut

I bought galaxy 9+ at phonesn2cash for $400 4months ago. I used it to trade in on shop samsung for the new galaxy s20 fe. trade in value took off 350. towards my new phone. I paid 278 for it including shipping. I loved my s9+ cause like you I'm extremely tight on cash. only way I was even able to buy the s9+ was bc stimulus check. but check out shop samsung to see if u you can do a trade in
Highlighted
Astronaut

the s9 and up all are water proof
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@yeza wrote:
the s9 and up all are water proof

Sorry, as @ShadowArtist201 stated, not "water proof" but they are water resistant.

https://www.businessinsider.com/is-samsung-galaxy-s10-s9-s8-waterproof-water-resistant

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've had 2 different models.