cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

I had all of my calendar events trans from iPhone 6 Plus to S7 Edge. Now all time zones are wrong!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HELP!!!

I just transferred all of my calendar events from iPhone 6 Plus to Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge yesterday. When you look at the events on the main calendar screen the times seem correct. When you click on an event the time is an hour behind. Every single event is set to Alaska Daylight Time (GMT-8:00) instead of Seattle Daylight Time (GMT-7:00). Im in PST. Is there a way to do a mass modification on these imported events? Also, why can't I see any of my events on Google Calendar on a desktop? Please advise at your earliest convenience. I'm about ready to pull my hair out since none of my reminders for my events are reminding me at the correct times either.

HELP!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: I had all of my calendar events trans from iPhone 6 Plus to S7 Edge. Now all time zones are wron

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The phone basically has 3 calendar storage locations. Phone storage, Samsung account and Google Account. A calendar event can be saved to either one of these 3 and the Calendar app will just display it no matter where it is saved.
It seems like your calendar events are moved to your Phone's calendar or Samsung calendar.
You need to redo the process of moving your events and this time move the events to the Google calendar that is setup on your phone. (if such feature exists in the import tool).
Make sure to delete the current events or you will end up with duplicated.

About the timezone change I am not sure but if you move them to Google calendar maybe the issue will not appear.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

8 REPLIES 8
Neutron Star

Re: I had all of my calendar events trans from iPhone 6 Plus to S7 Edge. Now all time zones are wron

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The phone basically has 3 calendar storage locations. Phone storage, Samsung account and Google Account. A calendar event can be saved to either one of these 3 and the Calendar app will just display it no matter where it is saved.
It seems like your calendar events are moved to your Phone's calendar or Samsung calendar.
You need to redo the process of moving your events and this time move the events to the Google calendar that is setup on your phone. (if such feature exists in the import tool).
Make sure to delete the current events or you will end up with duplicated.

About the timezone change I am not sure but if you move them to Google calendar maybe the issue will not appear.

halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I basically unchecked the 'My Calendar' & 'Samsung Calendar' & just started slowly adding my events onto the 'Google Calendar'. It seems like the best solution to me. At least I know the events are at the correct time that way. Time consuming, but I've just been adding them in a few days at a time with my Google Calendar & iCloud Calendar side by side on my desktop. It seems to be going OK. Any solution on how to get events added directly to Google Calendar on desktop to update immediately to phone Google Calendar?

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@halloweenspook wrote:

Any solution on how to get events added directly to Google Calendar on desktop to update immediately to phone Google Calendar?

Events added to Google calendar on desktop should show immidiately on the phone. How do yoyu add them on desktop? Do you go to calendar.google.com or use something like Mac Calendar app? 

halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm using Chrome --> calendar.google.com.

halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having to restart my phone to get the events to update.

Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to Settings, Accounts and look at Google account. Is Calendar set to sync?

halloweenspook
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I guess it's just REALLY slow.Cat Frustrated

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
What is "really slow"? One minute? 5?