cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

I have fingerprint access but i lost the code - no samsung account on phone

I dont believe this !!!  i forgot the pin code of my old S7 while my fingerprint is registered on it, so after i turned it on , it keeps asking me about the pin code and now every 4 minutes i can make a few trials - i mean Samsung guys is this phone stupid or what ? !! i have my fingerprint registered on it so obviously it is my phone what kind of stupid security is this ? there is no samsung or google account on the phone and i need very important old data from it could any logical normal human being please answer me, i really cannot believe these guys !! 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: I have fingerprint access but i lost the code - no samsung account on phone

When the phone is restarted, a pin or password is required. after that biometrics will work. It prevents someone (police, etc.) from forcing you to unlock the phone.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

That's not stupid, it's in fact a must-have security feature. I'm sorry you forgot your pin, but there is no other way to unlock the phone without wiping data.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted

Whenever you restart any phone, iOS or Android, you have to put in the PIN for security reasons. So unless you remember that password, it's done for. That happened to me with my Smart Switch SD card backup, now I can't remember the password 10 months later, and I need to get into it.