Original topic:

I'm receiving texts from random numbers

(Topic created: 08-28-2021 12:27 PM)
manda2198
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm getting texts from random numbers being nasty and saying I'm texting them. Can my number be hacked?

0 Likes
10 Replies
useroUi8rBdpF4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My email address is been hacked
0 Likes
manda2198
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Is that suppose to be an answer to me?
0 Likes
Krogersupervisor1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Use google messages an block themhat way. And call your provider and let them know what's happening
0 Likes
Sherryhoggle1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not really hacked but someone has cloned your number.. it just means that whoever sent you that text had gotten a text that the sender had spoofed your number.. same as when you get scam calls that look like it's coming from someone you know or someone with the same area code ..
manda2198
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Anything I can do about other than block them?
0 Likes
Sherryhoggle1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No, not really because the person that did it probably did from overseas.. it would be almost impossible to find who did it.. I once got a voice-mail from someone cussing me out and threatening to send out the police if I called him again.. the thing is I was at work all day with my phone in a desk drawer on silent.. I never called him.. I was furious but not at that guy but at the person who did it cloned my number ..
0 Likes
manda2198
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The first message I got was this morning saying I had them in a group text, I ended up blocking them, the a little while ago got 3 from different numbers telling me to stop and calling me names, so I blocked all of them. Sounds like whoever clone my number sent a group I guess.
0 Likes
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That happened to me after I sold an unlocked S9+ on Letgo. My brother would get texts from me while I was sitting in his living room. I changed passwords on my emails and Samsung log in and it stopped.
Robotfly
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Call your Carrier and have your number changed
0 Likes