JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I set up a pattern screen lock on my phone and i forgot the pattern how can i reset this?

(Topic created: 03-25-2019 10:30 PM)
D7vss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

9 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, give this a shot to reset your passwords.  https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

izephyr
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you have Samsung account signed in, follow the solution by @SamsungLarryK but if you did not have, then you need to factory reset the phone. You will need the google account id password to configure the phone again

Reboot to recovery by pressing bixby+vol up+power and select Wipe Data\Factory reset.

vol up/down to navigate and power button for action.

After reset you will get the phone as new. Now set up.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some
D7vss
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did a factory reset , never putting a pattern lock again.

0 Likes
Solution
izephyr
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@D7vss I think you should not fear about pattern lock. Your phone needs security and patterns are a good form of security which can be conveniently unlocked too. So, put a lock on but don't be afraid of forgetting it.

In your phone, sign in to Samsung Account. Enable "Remote Unlock" in Settings > Biometrics > Find my Phone > Remote unlock. Now, once this is enabled, you can easily reset pattern/password/pin if you forget it via Samsung cloud services.

If a response solves your query, please don't forget to mark it as "Accept as Solution". Enjoy!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and drop some

View solution in context

userOJ4GtHEw8R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This solution is not working and even I restarted my phone

My hone is Samsun J7 Prime

0 Likes
userEILJtCNbFw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If she doesn't know her password your solution won't work...she would already need to have the phone open to remote unlocking then they could proceed to findmymobile on their Samsung acct & then they'll see the option to unlock it without losing any info

userKiW1HOn2gI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

how to unlock samsung note 10+ wont take pattern

0 Likes
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userATXEuXc9XF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Lol

0 Likes