JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Incessant Find My Mobile notification: PLEASE MAKE IT STOP

(Topic created on: 1/18/21 6:31 PM)
userhTotPZ6M0v
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is getting beyond a joke, Samsung please stop sending these alerts. I am starting to research other phones including (God forbid) the crappy Apple product.

5 Replies
Solution
userUIJ1ndPbX5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found that if you just turn it on/accept it, and then immediately turn it off again, the notifications go away.

(There is an on/off toggle in settings, which you can find by searching Find My Phone.)

View solution in context

0 Likes
userjNcJIkq2TN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i found going into the 'biometrics and security' settings then 'find my phone' and then turn everything off works.  I'd rather not have the service than have this constant annoyance, and there was no way I was going  to agree to their terms and conditions on this new feature they are trying to push after reading them! If only Samsung had added a decline/cancel button.

userzceFN44cJR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It's not really that crappy. One of the cool thing about it, is that your conversations with other iphone users are encrypted. Which is kinda nice to know that you aren't going to be texting about a trip with your significant other and then magically, new suitcase adds start showing up in your browser.

0 Likes
userhTotPZ6M0v
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Considering this was about a Samsung product and not an Apple one the iphone reference seems a little off topic. Unless you're saying that I need it to protect me from Apple's invasive behaviour.

0 Likes
userGlHpWHKRsw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If they do not fix this fast, I 100% will switch to another brand. The TOS are bad enough, this is terrible and invasive. Every single time I use my phone, it gives me a notice that sounds like a text message coming in and interrupts what I opened the phone to do in the first place. <edit>.

0 Likes