JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Incomplete connection charging.

(Topic created on: 8/13/17 8:29 AM)
user8CNHXeVnzj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Charger says it has an incomplete connect. Second day, has anyone else had this issue? Miserable, stuck to the wall!

279 Replies
useruUpeDfYK9h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Galaxy S8 (Model # SM-G950U) is about 2 months old and just started exhibiting this message today (using the provided Samsung EP-DG950CBZ cable). When I charged with a strait USB-Type C to USB Type-C cable it was fine. So I then cleaned the original cable's connector thoroughly with a dry soft cloth and it is charging again. I suspect the connector had an imperceptible oily deposit on it, maybe since I ate some oily popcorn with my fingers the night before.

useruUpeDfYK9h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

UPDATE: The cleaning didn't fix my problem. As I previously stated, the phone still fast-charges using a USB Type-C to USB Type-C cable, but the original 10 Watt wall charger no longer fast-charges. I suspect Samsung pushed a firmware update that broke the charger detection.

userpIyE7bySuB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
0 Likes
userVAR4dNJegX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just started this same exact issue. 

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, all samsung accessories, quick wall charger and wire. Use it every day, today, nothing. Says it will take 7 hours to fully charge. It was actually losing power while plugged in and I had no idea.

Plugged it into my work partner's cord (samsung as well) 1 hour till fully charged. 

-restarted

-powered off/on
-cleaned

-used usb port only
-used wall adapter only
^ none of that works

Seems like a cord problem if usb and wall didn't work tho.

Thankfully I talked my partner into getting a s8+ or I'd be down for the count tonight.

0 Likes
userSx16BRaTKh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have just started having the same issue with my 2 month~ old S8+

I've only ever used the cord and adapter that came with the device. No idea what is going on, but would really appreciate a solution.

0 Likes
userrUDflf1lqn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem about a month out of the box from Verizon. 

0 Likes
StephenR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My device is about a month old, same issue with the Samsung charger that came with the device.  It chargers using my wireless charger thankfully, but it doesn't fast charge, really annoying for such an expensive device. 

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S8+ , model # SM-G955U, Baseband version G955USQU1AQG4

0 Likes
Corymarcouiller
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Im having that same problem. 

Sm-g955u

G955usqu1aqdf

Sometimes when i flip the plug it works normal. But its been like this since the first week i bought the phone. 

0 Likes
userIu03cHUJHb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I bought my samsung 8 galaxy in june.  The speaker went bad two weeks ago.  I contacted verizon support and they had another samsung 8 sent to me.  Three days ago I plugged in the second samsung 8 and I receive "incomplete connection" error.  I was using the samsung 8 charger that came with the phone.  I tried a after market charger and recieved the same error message.  This is starting to look like a real problem with the samsung 8.  It looks like I need to get another one.

Tom

0 Likes
userjpxnRA4nCx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue as the others. Charger that came with the phone causes same message. 

Model SM-G950U 

Baseband version G950USQU1AQG4

Verizon is my carrier 

0 Likes