JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Incomplete connection charging.

(Topic created on: 11/3/17 4:13 PM)
user8CNHXeVnzj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Charger says it has an incomplete connect. Second day, has anyone else had this issue? Miserable, stuck to the wall!

279 Replies
userJO2SbOrtYp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So after dealing with this problem for so long, we finally decided to send in the phone for service. After my husband had to go phone-less for THREE weeks during the lenghty service repair wait, we finally get a response from Samsung that the phone is "damaged" and now out of warranty. I AM BEYOND FURIOUS. Obviously if this many customers on this forum are complaing ABOUT THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM, there is an issue with the phone and recall needs to take place. Stop ignoring the problem you created Samsung. Own up!!!

My family will no longer be Samsung customers after this incident. I am a loyal Apple user and I had a bad feeling when my husband made the switch to Samsung earlier this year. I can't wait to have this piece of junk paid off so that I can buy my husband an iPhone again.

I wish everyone else in this forum better luck than what we had with the Samsung repair team and customer (no) service.

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for those that have chipped in since my last post! If you've tried everything and you're still having problems, be sure to reach out to Samsung directly to look into having an evaluation and repair set up for your device.  :)

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userJO2SbOrtYp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What a complete joke! Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

We just received my husband's phone back after sending it in for service 3 weeks ago. First, Samsung refused to address the issue because they say it is no longer under warranty and now they didn't even send the charger back with the phone!!! I can't believe this crap.

This company doesn't deserve anyone's business with this awful customer (no) service.

0 Likes
userO20wMQu3hH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem for me. 

About 3 weeks ago the fast charging stopped working. Then came the incomplete connection for charging.

The mods here are a complete waste of space providing nothing of value. How about you respond with, we acknowledge there is an issue and we are working on a solution! 

Certainly there was an update that was pushed through causing these issues.

Fix the problem now! 

0 Likes
user85gMiFrCnj
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the problem to happens two updates ago you can try unplugging the charger at the base i.e. the block and plugging it in works for mine

0 Likes
user5gHg4uWy3E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Been having the  problem for months.  No solution.  Finally got a third level of customer support to agree to send me a new charger two weeks ago.  Still  waiting.  Frustrated, angry.  First and last experience with a Samsung phone

0 Likes
userQmLGstxdWK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problems for about a week now. i can get it to fast charge by unplugging from the phone, blowing in phone port terminal. this sometimes take 4 or 5 tries before it registers as fast charge, which i imagine is not good for the input terminal durability. anyway the solution i did was to buy a $21 wireless charger from Pleson. this works pretty good so far and is a solution if you mostly charge it at night in a secure location. 

0 Likes
useresM24j4vPz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

SM-G950U

My phone just started doing the same thing yesterday. The charger out of the box isn't working nor is any other ones that I have bought.

0 Likes
Dreadsta
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I also had a charging issue. It only happened with certain usb cords and power bricks. With this info I figured it had to be a hardware issue. I tried a ton so stuff, buying new cord, power adaptors everything. After months of frustration I booted into safe mode plugged up the phone and no problem. It was fast charging again, all cords and bricks worked. Rebooted normally and it was fine. So I would try that. I assumed it was a hardware problem and never looked into software. I did try rebooting normally to fix the problem and that didn't work. So give that a try.
0 Likes
userDofnja3YPu
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had my phone just over two weeks and am having the same problem and a black spot on the screen.  Also,  Samsung customer service is worthless.  You have to mail your device for them to “fix it” and they take 5-7 days not including shipping time.  You will be without your brand new phone for 3 weeks!

0 Likes