Original topic:

Internet

(Topic created: 04-17-2019 02:59 PM)
usercypSBYk9rO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Using Galaxy S9    SM G969F  Ser. no . <hidden>. Newly changed fom S8.  Using Samsung's own internet browser , and also Chrome . The home page of both these is loaded with "three's"  web page . This is my service provider , and I have no problems with that , but I resent being "force fed " their ads . I've tried their helpline (Bandladesh perhaps ) to no avail . Can anybody here help me stop this . BTW I've   uninstalled Three's app , and that made no difference .  (Apart from being bombarded with ads that I never had on my S8 , I like the phone )

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

You might try opening system settings /apps/ Samsung Internet. You should see a gear icon next to the title. That will open the Samsung Internet settings and you can select the default homepage to quick access. It's a good place to start without all the clutter. The Settings, favorites,, home button, tabs button are located at the bottom of the page. Sometimes you have to scroll up or down to get it to show  

CLF 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung Internet app settings and at the top of the settings page setting for homepage. you should see multiple options for selecting quick access, current page etc. Below that you have options for selecting the default search engine Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. I'm using quick access with Google as the default search engine and have the Google search page shortcut there for switching back and forth. No advertising, or news feeds or any of that stuff.

CLF 

0 Likes
usercypSBYk9rO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

when I open the Samsung browser , the heading is "www.three.co.uk"There are no "3 dots"  but there is a search bar , and below that is a blue band with the "three2 ad .  Like "install our app and this is the easiest way to ------- etc.  Then "turn off wo fi for Mobile My 3"  and below that Ad for "get a free sim "

and then a link "go to three"  not very satisfactory at all.   There must be a difference in yours and my settings  because all I seem to get are news feed and ads .   Thanks for the reply BTW. J.H.

0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

You might try opening system settings /apps/ Samsung Internet. You should see a gear icon next to the title. That will open the Samsung Internet settings and you can select the default homepage to quick access. It's a good place to start without all the clutter. The Settings, favorites,, home button, tabs button are located at the bottom of the page. Sometimes you have to scroll up or down to get it to show  

CLF 

0 Likes