Original topic:

Is it possible to open my gallery when launched?

(Topic created: 08-26-2021 06:11 AM)
G-ProPIA
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there a way to get this to open to picures when launched instead of the last area we were in? I want it to always open to pictures. Any way to set that? It opened to albums. Want it to always open to pictures.

0 Likes
13 Replies
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
At the bottom of gallery it says pictures album stories pick pictures
0 Likes
G-ProPIA
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, I know.
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah so I don't guess I'm understanding what you're asking
If I open gallery and I picked albums it goes to albums if I open gallery and pick pictures it goes to the pictures if I pick a picture and then hit the home button then open gallery again it goes back to the picture that I left open there's no way to change that unless you close the app
0 Likes
G-ProPIA
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In my write up, I explained it. I did misstype pictures there. I want this to do what? I want it to ALWAYS open to ...pictures. What does it currently do...it opens to the last section I was in. Many apps can be set to launch where you want and nit just where you last were.
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You know I don't need your sarcasm I'm doing this as a favor on my own time to help people with their smartphones because of you I don't think I'm going to help anybody anymore
Good luck I don't think it can be done that way
Anyway I don't care
0 Likes
G-ProPIA
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I had to explain the question over for you because you didn't get it or take time to understand the issue. Thx for the initial response, but I urge responders to take the time to carefully read the problem before just posting something. People do that all the time and then I have to go back over it and it causes more time wasted and frustration.. If anyone out there has a solution, that would be great. I don't think it exists.
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I did read it and I didn't understand it
As it was written
If you want to change an app or how an app opens you might want to try a launcher
But it's built into the software I don't care what app it is pictures all the way to this app if you hit the home button and you go back to that app it goes back to where you were .
you have to close the app and it launches based on how Samsung Google or whoever puts the software into the phone.
you have to change the software .
I'm not stupid I have a bachelor's degree in industrial technology robotics and electrical...
I read your question it doesn't make sense.
I know what you're asking You're wanting to open up gallery and it go to pictures then after you have opened gallery and selected a certain picture or albums The next time you open it go back to pictures...it doesn't work that way..
It goes back to where you left it off unless you swipe up and close the app and then it launches by the pre-installed code on the software

honestly some of the questions on here are ridiculous it's like if you don't like your phone get something else nitpick stuff to death it's like touch your screen and change it
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
And by the way you know what this service is free !
People are just offering suggestions
Maybe you should do the research and answer your own questions if you're not satisfied with people's answers
0 Likes
BIGMIKE777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
And read your question your question reads I want the gallery to launch to pictures it's opening to albums that's why I suggested you pick pictures at the bottom read your question
Then I also answered it with the last spot that you leave the app it will go back to that spot you have to close it and it will launch to whatever preset you have it set to pictures or albums The software cannot relaunch when the app is opened and you are in a picture it goes back to where it was
0 Likes