Original topic:

Is it possible to switch to video call during a phone call?

(Topic created: 07-17-2021 07:40 AM)
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you are already in a phone call with someone, is it possible to switch it to video call?

0 Likes
5 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Mtiede  Why not try it? The worst that would happen is the call be dropped and a new video call be started. 

If you are using the carrier supplied video calling, I would think it would just be transparent. But generally carrier supplied video calling only works if you and the person you called are both on the same carrier. 

If you are using Duo as your video calling app but started the call from phone, then the call will probably be dropped and a new video one started in Duo. 

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was kind of looking for HOW to do that.  So I can't "try it".  I was looking for someone that has an already tried and true mechanism that could be shared here.  I don't video much at all and usually would skype someone although I have also got Duo installed.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@Mtiede 

"I was kind of looking for HOW to do that."

When you are on a voice call there should be a video call button available. Click it and it should switch to a video call. 

0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'll look for that thanks
0 Likes
Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yep, I never even noticed the icon. Even in the middle of a voice call one can press the icon and voila, video. Don't know if there are extra charges from att to use it, but there was no warning about it. Also haven't checked if it also works when not using wifi. Will check it out thanks.