Original topic:

Is it true that my Galaxy S10 Plus screen could have got burnt?

(Topic created: 03-26-2022 07:27 AM)
Serox2324
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello Family ,

My Samsung Galaxy S10 PLUS fell in water which i picked out in less than 3 seconds. It worked for few hours  after which i plugged it to charge up the power but when off after few minutes and never came up again . I took it to my repairer and he said the phone screen has got burnt and i will have to replace the phone screen .

My question is , is it really true that the phone screen could got burnt? Please i need a quite answer to this 

0 Likes
10 Replies
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Asked them what do they mean by burnt
0 Likes
Serox2324
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The screen is no more coming up . And that the hice(not sure if i got spelling)underneath the screen has burnt 

0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Take the back off
Check the screen cable connector to the motherboard
0 Likes
Serox2324
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You mean if the cable is burned ?

0 Likes
Dezz2020
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah screen burns is really a thing but it sounds like you just have water damage go ahead and upgrade 😉
0 Likes
Serox2324
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

lol

0 Likes
Damien47
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I think there may have been a little bit of water in your charging port and when you plugged in your charger the water probably messed up your phone.. probably should have shaken the water off a bit. I think the repair guy is either lying to you or he doesn't realize this himself. I have a regular S10 and I tested the waterproofing myself and my phone works perfectly fine, these phones are built to be waterproof, but I made sure the water was dried out of the charging port before I plugged it in.
0 Likes
Serox2324
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks so much . What do you think i can do or should do  because i am so incomplete since the phone went off . Then if i need to get the screen at all. How much will that cost ?

Damien47
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I don't think there is much that can be done after that type of damage and cost can vary but in this case you may need a whole new phone. Sorry for the delayed response I've been too busy lately
0 Likes