cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN7LIzqC37u
Asteroid

Is it worth dealing with an S6 swelling battery?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The battery on my S6 recently started swelling, separating the back cover and the front screen. The phone is an old, unlocked Sprint phone, surely out of warranty. I don’t really need a new phone, but I can’t use this one as is.

I have seen a couple of older threads, speaking of this as a manufacturer’s defect, but indicating that getting it repaired can be a hassle. Is that still true? How expensive is it to have repaired? How long does it take?

I can get a new phone from Boost mobile in about a week for $150-200.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

Tom

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userN7LIzqC37u
Asteroid

Re: Is it worth dealing with an S6 swelling battery?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Product Liability has indicated that the phone is “after life” and repairs are not possible. They are issuing a “refund” for the value of the phone.

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there,

I can understand your frustration regarding this. If you don't mind sending a private message here with your model number and IMEI? Also, Can you provide pictures of the swelling battery in the private message as well?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Highlighted
userN7LIzqC37u
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sent you a PM. Waiting for additional information to determine how I should proceed.

Thansk!

Tom

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there!

I would recommend double checking your inbox messages, as we have replied with the next steps.

Hope this message finds you well!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userN7LIzqC37u
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Checked and replied.

Thanks!

Tom

userN7LIzqC37u
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Product Liability has indicated that the phone is “after life” and repairs are not possible. They are issuing a “refund” for the value of the phone.

Samsung_zcQCC5K
Astronaut

Did you replace the battery?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you replace the battery?

userN7LIzqC37u
Asteroid

Re: Did you replace the battery?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.

Samsung_OX7az4L
Astronaut

This is a problem a family member had for me. Everytime i...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a problem a family member had for me. Everytime it was fixed, it just kept swelling up. The problem go so bad, the phone just stopped working all together and got the new s10. You might experience the same. I never had a swelling issue on the s5 I had. I skipped the phones till the s10 came out. I know of friend who had the s6 and the same happened to his where the battery swelled. So, maybe it's just a problem that happens when it's near its life expectancy.