Original topic:

Is my device original?

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 3:29 AM)
Tzevti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi, guys! I just bought Samsung Galaxy s10 plus, and something has been bothering me. When I opened up the box, which was sealed, I found out that there are fingerprints on the back of the phone... It looked as though the protectors have been compromised. I called the local Samsung representatives, they checked the IMEI  and said it was original and warranty is active. They are guessing that it has something to do with packaging (someone did not do it properly). I also have a warranty from the website I bought it, and they have a store, where you can see what they offer. My question is, has anyone else been in this situation and does IMEI prove 100% originality? Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
4 Replies
TheGalaxy
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
the different between fake and original is the quality of built specially the frame should have accurate manufacturers cuts around the microphone holes, sim card tray and buttons. another way to find out is performance. run a benchmark and it should perform very similar to other s10 plus.
0 Likes
Tzevti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I did run a benchmark,used Geekbench 5, and I am a bit confused what the results mean:20210126_184955.jpg

When I scroll down to compare I think it shows that it's performing almost as s20. I see similar numbers next to other flagship models. Sorry for the stupid question, but never done that before. Is this a normal result?

0 Likes
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It might have been one checked during packaging process by Quality Assurance. At random, they have to walk around and pull a product from the packaging line and check it to make sure everything required meets spec. If the device functions properly and there is no apparent damage I wouldn't worry much about it. Also your concern has been logged when you contacted Samsung Rep. in case you do find any more discrepancies. Hope that Helps
0 Likes
Tzevti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The device works absolutely fine for now. I guess IMEI says it all and you are right, the phone isn't fake. Thank you for the answer :)