Highlighted
usercRmrFg8DBU
Constellation

Is the galaxy s6 active HML compatible?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Is the galaxy s6 active HML compatible?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @usercRmrFg8DBU. We're glad you reached out here with your question.

Did you mean MHL compatible?

If so, the S6 Active is not. Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Active, and Galaxy S6 edge does not support HDMI output via MHL standard on its USB port or any other direct video output. However, you can use the Screen Mirroring feature to connect your smartphone to your TV and watch videos on bigger screen.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

8 REPLIES 8
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @usercRmrFg8DBU. We're glad you reached out here with your question.

Did you mean MHL compatible?

If so, the S6 Active is not. Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Active, and Galaxy S6 edge does not support HDMI output via MHL standard on its USB port or any other direct video output. However, you can use the Screen Mirroring feature to connect your smartphone to your TV and watch videos on bigger screen.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userX83Vj6CNzq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With no wifi?

user2CxzTPK2t8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found an anycast on the wish app that will do the mirror imaging without the wifi hookup & it worked fine until i got a software upgrade. It still works but tries to cut out sometimes.

uservyiloOv9Hw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I travel and need to connect to hdmi on mini projector - what can I do.  The projector only has  the HDMI port and no mirroring feature

uservyiloOv9Hw
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am trying to connect my S6edge to a mini projector hdmi connection for business travels.  is there any adaptor that allows me to do this?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You will want to check in to available Miracast adapters to see if you can find one compatible with your projector.

dennisNHL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the mhl adaptor And do not appropriate Samsung discounting this on the S6. What Samsung models after s6 support mhl? Is there an upgrade or app that could fix my s6?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately no Samsung phone model From the Galaxy S6 or newer supports the MHL connection. You would have to connect wirelessly using an external device or the Mirroring software(s) that Samsung offers depending on your TV's compatibility. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.