Original topic:

Is there a phone that is similar to the Galaxy S9?

(Topic created: 04-20-2022 06:42 PM)
Ghostwrx
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Anyone here still have a Galaxy S9?

I decided to not upgrade to any of the new phones and I'm starting to wonder if there's a phone that's extremely similar to the S9 that I can upgrade to?.
10 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I wouldn't go with the new 22 models too many problems I think. Maybe a s21 plus or s21 ultra . I have a s21 ultra and it's runs beautifuly
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have S22 regular (smallest phone) and three are no issues. Pre-ordered it and received it back in February.

krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Their nice phones just keep seeing problems with them not everyone though. Software Updates will help out
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have seen the bigger S22, mainly ultra version with most user complaints. My only dislike with newer phones is under the display fingerprint sensor.

DarkPhox
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not that bad on my S21 Ultra. I find that most of the time I can just tap the spot on the screen and it's quick enough to scan my finger with that quick tap and unlock. Granted I've gotten so used to the sensor it's like muscle memory for me as to how to unlock the phone.
I have mine set to keep the sensor on when the phone is off, so I can set it on a table and when I need it on and unlocked I can just tap the correct spot on the screen and bam its unlocked and ready to go.

The S22 series seems to be hit or miss with people so it's really hard to say about how well the S22 is when all I know at the moment is that it's just an incremental upgrade over the S21 with not much else added onto it.
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I agree it does work, but for example I need to have slightly moist fingers to make this sensor work. I recently installed glass screen protector and it made using fingerprint sensor even worse. I will probably move to a film based protector when current one starts to pill off.

0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My under display fingerprint is the best in the business
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My Google Pixel has a dedicated fingerprint sensor on the back and it is just working much better and even with slightly wet fingers. I just don't physically feel under the display sensor.

0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I feel ya no one can feel the under display sensor it's just there