Original topic:

Is there a way to block numbers used by the same company?

(Topic created: 05-15-2022 02:06 AM)
Baubee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I know that I can block calls on my galaxy s9, but is there a way to block not only the telephone number use for this specific time, but to also block all other telephone numbers used by this company.   Almost all of the calls thatIdo block areset upto auto dial and have multiple lines, sometimes up to the 100s.  So it is virtually impossible to block these calls that are annoying, frequently unrelated to my life (both business and personal), repetitive, and time consuming. Not to mention the fact that I so often wonder exactly HOW much of my personal, private information that these companies have about me.  I keep telling myself that someone out there knows a way to make my request possible or at least to create a good response that may deter some of the calls. My nephew tells the telephone "intruders " that in addition to their name, he requires a $25 returnable service from the caller or their employer using PayPal or Venmo before listening to their sales pitch. He has also offered to participate in surveys for a nominal donation from caller/company to any one of five or six charities.  While it may be good for my sense of humor, it doesn't stop many.  I eagerly await all of your thoughts and suggestions. 

2 Replies
MarkCribbs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
In today's time, I believe that there's no way to stop all spam calls. Even just all calls from a specific company. Sure you can get on the Government's "No Call List", or your carrier's phone screening app, but it's just not going to weed out every unwanted solicitation. Spammers is going so far as to using actual numbers that are active (in service) but belongs to someone else and has no idea that their number is being used. Though the two examples above are flawed, it will reduce the number of calls you get that's spam. Personally, the carrier's call screening app has the most potential, but companies need to share with one another the data they receive about numbers being used. And the public should contribute back more information than what they do. Doing so would give everyone a more up to the minute defense against the Spammers. The only surefire method I know of is to have your number changed and don't make it public information on any social networks or use it on any forms you fill out on the web. And then that's not even a guarantee because you don't know how your number was used prior to you getting it.. Sorry I couldn't be of better help. Maybe someone else knows a method that I don't and could help us all out.
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This app gave me peace of mind. You can customize to your likeness. The paid version is well worth the price. Screenshot_20220515-180106_Google Play Store_8273_1652652102.jpg
0 Likes