Original topic:

Isolated text notification

(Topic created: 03-02-2020 10:35 AM)
userfLnC1pyL7X
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello,

I'd like to know if there's a way to only hear a notification sound for text messages, as in: If I'm 'on call', I want to hear incoming text messages early in the morning, but would rather not hear any little notification coming through, depriving me of sleep. Any ideas?

Many thanks!

Miriam

5 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Are you familiar with the Do not disturb feature on your device? Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077281/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userfLnC1pyL7X
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi Adam,

I'm not sure you read my question.

It's not about not being disturbed, it's about isolating text notifications. I want to only get a notification, when I receive a text.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for following up. Do not disturb allows you to turn off all notifications on your device on a set schedule. This feature also allows you to set exceptions for specific apps that you want to receive notifications for, such as messages and phone calls from specific contacts.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userfLnC1pyL7X
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Sorry, looks like I didn't read properly. It's been a tough day. Thanks for the tip! I'll try that.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No worries. I completely understand having rough days. You're welcome and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the future.

0 Likes