cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Issue with 'Rooted' phone

Recently I wanted to recover some deleted files and was recommended to use Dr Fone by Wondershare. To go through the process i had to root my phone. This has caused a few issues like being unable to use my bank app or turn on secret mode when I'm on the internet. Whenever i try I get the following message: "Rooting detected, for your security, secret mode can't be used on rooted phones'. 

After doing some research online i downloaded Root Check, Root Validator and Repair System from Google Store but whenever i run the checks they ALL say that the phone is NOT Rooted. Since none of these apps were helpful I then downloaded BuildProp Editor in an attempt to alter some internal files and unroot my phone. This also didn't work. 

I'm pretty much at the end of my tether with this so any assistance or feedback would be very much appreciated. Cheers 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Issue with 'Rooted' phone

Hi there, I'm not quite sure how to fix this issue but here's some things that I know. If you go to settings, and check your phone status, it should say "custom" if it's rooted and it'll say "official" if your phone is unrooted. Another way to check if your phone is rooted would be to check whether or not Knox has been tripped. Basically, if you root your phone, it'll cause an irreversible change to Knox. And yes, some apps will not work with a rooted phone. Good luck, I hope you're able to fix your issue!
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks legend. Yes, it does say "Custom" so that confirms what I thought about the phone being rooted. It's just weird that all the apps I've downloaded say that the phone is NOT rooted. I had a look at Knox yesterday and the file doesn't seem like it's been changed, I'll have to look at it again. The other thing that's worrying is everytime i turn the phone on there's a notification in yellow writing that says "SET WARRANTY BIT: KERNEL" - this appears on the upper left corner of the phone. I've googled  bit can't find any concrete info on it. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: Issue with 'Rooted' phone

Hmm I think the "root-checker" apps you downloaded just check your app list for common root apps like Superuser or Kingo Root. Perhaps they didn't recognize Dr Fone as a root app. I did a bit of Googling and apparently the message you saw is just the device telling you that you have an unofficial kernel. It happens when you modify your phone, in your case, you rooted it. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Thank you for telling me the details, I appreciate your reply!
Highlighted
Sun

If you want to remove root completely then flash a STOCK ROM given by your OEM. The stock ROM will erase all the old partitions and create new system files for your device. Keep in mind that rooting does void the warranty on your device.

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks Josh. I'll give that a go. Will it delete any data or files like contacts or photos? etc.....

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

If you want to remove root completely then flash a STOCK ROM given by your OEM. The stock ROM will erase all the old partitions and create new system files for your device. Keep in mind that rooting does void the warranty on your device.

http://www.forextrading.pk/open-market-currency-rates.php