cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Issues with Apps moved to SD card remaining on SD card on S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've moved all the applicable apps from my S7's internal memory to my 128GB SD card, as allowed.  These apps all operate seemlessly, with no perceptible differences in performance from when they were accessed in internal memory.  My problem is when any of the apps have their periodic updates, they seem to revert back to my internal memory.  I learned this when my internal memory was filling back up again.  Now, after each update, I need to go back in and move it back to the SD card.  Any thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Issues with Apps moved to SD card remaining on SD card on S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @DodgerDon10

Updates released by Google and the developer may vary from device to device, along with changes in security protocols released by Google. Many times updates to apps can cause interference with phone system operations if moved from an alternate device or some apps may not be intended or built specifically for our devices. By default any app updates will auto-revert the app back to internal to avoid any damage to the device, app, or SD card. While I realize that does mean you have to move it back to the SD card when the update is done, it's by design for the smoothness of updating.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue and the reply to the question isn't really a "solution."  It's simply an explanation.  So at least once every week I have to spend a couple hours going through the apps to move them to the SD card again.  If there was an easy way to move all the "eligible" apps at once, that would be helpful.  But I'm only aware of one way to move the app from the internal memory to the SD card, and that is one at a time.  If anyone knows of any more efficient way, I'd love to hear from you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sod this I'm going back to my iPhone 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Haha, 2020 here and this still isn't fixed. I wish I could at least sort my apps list by storage location. Then if i sort by internal only, I won't waste time selecting apps one-by-one just to see that a bunch of them haven't moved from external. It's always a guessing game, and totally unnecessary!