cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Klaudiz4
Constellation

Issues with my headphones Samsung 7s

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased Samsung Galaxy edge 7s month ago. There no sound coming from left ear bud on my headphones. But there sound coming from the right ear bud.  Do I need to replace my headphones?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: My headphones not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Klaudiz4! Thanks for posting to Samsung Communities! If you've tested your headphones on a different device and they still don't work, you probably would need replacement headphones. Your carrier/place of purchase can often help you out with that. 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Klaudiz4! Thanks for posting to Samsung Communities! If you've tested your headphones on a different device and they still don't work, you probably would need replacement headphones. Your carrier/place of purchase can often help you out with that. 

sww540n
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The sound out of my right earphone stopped today.  I tried two other sets of earphones.  Still didnt' work.  Must be the jack.  How to fix?

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Restart the phone in Safe mode. This will eliminate the chance of any 3rd party software interaction.
https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S-Phones/How-to-use-safe-mode-to-troubleshoot-problems/td...

If it still has the issue in Safe mode then it could very well be hardware issue. At that point I do not think you can fix it yourself any more. Needs professional help.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user7AqwKMWGwk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My headphone mic is not working ..and even i cnt recieve calls from it

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user7AqwKMWGwk

Were you able to try some of the suggestions here in the thread? I know it's an older thread, but they could still certainly help you out.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userBO1EzFRK3y
Constellation

Re: Issues with my headphones Samsung 7s

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue exactly, solved in weird way.

My headphones are great and work fine with other devices including my old iPhone. Seems to be a very slight jack incompatobility.

I have an old headphone splitter jack which I bought at radio shack many years ago. Basically you plug this thing into the headphone jack, and on the back of it there are two holes so you can  plug two pairs of headphones.

I tried it, and it works fine now.

Or, you may want to consider getting a headphones extension cable.

userCyIMAzZJ0F
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This problem happened to my S7. It was under warranty, so I returned it and got a replacement. The same exact thing happened several months later, but my S7 was out of warranty by then. I did notice that if I was playing music and slowly pulled out the headphone jack, the right channel came on for an instant.

I found the following on another site, which seems to be a logical solution based on the symptoms. I tried it, but since I couldn't see inside the jack even with a bright light, it was difficult to know if I was at the right spot. I couldn't get it working yet, but will try again.

----------
Hello folks i had the same problem suddenly just b4 yesterday and I tried everything to fix it with no luck so i decided it was a hardware issue . I took a sewing needle and started playing with the clips inside the headphone jack with no luck either for 2 days and today I found an xray image of the s7 edge and got an idea since the right channel doesnt work the problem must be either the right ear clip or the right ear ground ( the second and third clips of the jack ) i took the needle and with only one magic gentle bend outwardly to the second clip from the left side as phone faces you everything came back to work i will attach the image and hope this helps you 

20170224_230619.jpg images-48.jpg 

https://androidforums.com/threads/s7-headphone-issue-only-sound-in-one-ear.1008496/

userVtdqIF8lDJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you this really helped me 

userQH3sOT7Wfx
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Magic!! That worked for me too!! Thank you so much ;-)