JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Joining the MCK Master Code Key Top Secret Mission

(Topic created: 04-07-2024 05:54 PM)
userO4Dz76EyiW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Switching my Samsung Galaxy S20 from ATT to T-Mobile but nothing was explained properly by the many staff I spoke with at both carriers. As a result I entered an incorrect "unlock code" too many times and now can only use the "MCK" code to unlock it. Everyone says to call everyone else and I have worked on this issue for over 8 hours today but still don't have a phone to use despite now paying for a plan with ATT & T-Mobile. Do I really need to go to a Samsung approved store to pay to get this unlocked? This has been shear insanity. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You would need to get the MCK code from AT&T since they were your original provider it might take a little bit ask for a supervisor 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You would need to get the MCK code from AT&T since they were your original provider it might take a little bit ask for a supervisor 

If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

userO4Dz76EyiW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'll have to recover from today's attempts and try again tomorrow.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userO4Dz76EyiW If it was originally an AT&T locked phone, then AT&T would be the only one who can unlock it. 

userO4Dz76EyiW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
They continue to tell me it's unlocked and give me a code to enter when I restart and it doesn't work. I'm assuming I keep getting an "unlock" code versus the top secret master code key.
0 Likes
GaryB82
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Keep asking for a supervisor and you will finally get one that will give you the code 

realaud
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Well, if you don't want to pay to have it unlocked, you can keep the phone withe the carrier it is locked to til you're ready to upgrade, instead of paying for two plans. You caused youself to be locked out by entering the wrong code, so you either have to pay or upgrade.

0 Likes
userD0DkcLglq4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Actually having the same problem. Difference is, I switched to Verizon. Better deal. 3 phones. Still have the att s23+. Email fcc. Att response. Email fcc again, waiting. Still no mck code to date. Still searching, but getting same search results. This is new, but similar. Feel your pain.
0 Likes