JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

One UI/Finder: Add option to always show keyboard when swiping to app drawer or Finder app

(Topic created: 02-19-2023 07:55 AM)
Sammy_Cakes
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi Samsung OneUI and Finder teams, please add an option to Always Show Keyboard When Swiping to App Drawer or Finder App. The keyboard's focus should be on the search bar when this option is enabled/selected. People who don't want the keyboard to pop automatically up can deselect this option. 

This has been requested months ago in the S22 forum, but hasn't been implemented. Pixel phones running stock Android 12 and Android 13 have this feature. iPhones have this feature. It saves a lot of time when opening an app that isn't on the home screen. To open an app, you can simply swipe up to open the app drawer or Finder (if you don't have an app drawer), and then type the app's first letter, and select the app from the suggested ones. Otherwise to open an app, I have to click up into the search bar and then back down to the keyboard and then back up to select the app I want from the suggested results. This feature greatly improves the user experience. Honestly it's the main and only reason I haven't switched to the S23 from my Pixel. If I knew it were in the works officially I would make the switch.

Otherwise I am very impressed with OneUI and Finder. Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you Sammy_Cakes,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you Sammy_Cakes,  for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. Welcome to the Samsung Community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.